Vegas has NOT had a good day and I was embarrassed!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:nope: Today was the day Vegas dreads, First it was off to our "new" vet, for his allergy shot and to get his anal glands internally expressed. I actually did not hate the new vet (the one that replaced my beloved Dr. Butler that I have been going to for over two years) but don't quite agree with all that was said, and the charge was the same as it always was. What I DID hate was while I was having the conversation about how bad this summer has been with poor Vegas's allergies I said "well he eats NVI Salmon" and the vet says "IT is not food it is ALL inviromental allergies!! :w00t: I said "NO it is NOT all enviromental allergies I had him on cheap AS* Iams and he stunk so bad I was ready to give him away!"

The New Vet then says, "Well that just shows you the difference in quality of foods" I say "Well is showed me that he went from stinking and open sores due to FOOD ALLERGIES as well, to not stinking and no sores so my belief it is both food and enviromental" We BOTH just shut up about the allergies.

So then it is off to Petsmart to get his nails dremmled :*(, so he got a triple whammy today. He HATES all the above. So all is taken care of and I take him to the Halloween costume isle to look at costumes and for the very first time EVER.......He squats and take the biggest :poo: in his life!!!!! He always comes home and takes a :poo: after getting a finger up his butt for his glands but this one was by far the BIGGEST he has EVER taken and INSIDE the store!!!! I could not get mad at him, I would have done the same thing poor thing.

Joe goes running to find a poop bag, as people was walking bye us going "EEeeeewwww" I was :eek: I could not explain to them he just had a finger shoved up him!!
It took two poop bags to get it all up.

We quickly clean the mess and get the heck out of there, as I was hoisting Vegas up in the back seat of the SUV I noticed he had poop on his butt!! We had to scounge around inside the truck and find ANYTHING that would wipe him so he could sit down to get home. I found 3 napkins and gave him a quick wipe until I got home to go scrub the truck seat and his butt. SSsshhhewwwww!!! (Note to self, baby wipes to be kept in truck at all times!) All is done now, Vegas is napping comfortably on the cool tile and I am trying to relax and not be mad at the vet. Just wanted to share our morning. :ROFL:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I would like to think vets are just wired to think that way but it seems like most of them do not want to admit that food has such a great impact on dogs overall well being. If I suggested to my vet that food was probably the reason Samson was having reoccuring ear infections they probably would have told me I was crazy yet it was the food! For over 6 months I was back and forth to the vet for those darn ear infections and nothing they prescribed helped. Then I switched to NVI and 2 weeks later no more ear infections and here almost a year later he is still ear infection free!

Poor Vegas! I know he doesn't like wearing clothes so he was probably thinking, hmmm what can I do to get us the heck out of here stat!!!! LOL

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Omg I have to say that is hilarious because that happened to us the day we got Jack. He took a nice big stinky :poo: inside he shopping cart at Petsmart right in front of the clerk. :ROFL: Too funny! :D

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
How funny...for us, I mean! Your stories make me laugh!

You should collect and publish them - I still remember the Vegas and bag of potato chips story from about a year ago! Still laugh about it!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Poor Vegas. Just a note, next time he has had a finger up his butt be sure to walk him around outside so he has a chance to poop and make sure those baby wipes are unscented. It is a funny story!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im still laughing... sorry Kelli... :laugh:
I took HRH with me to the vet this morning when I went to get a shot certificate. Usually she only goes to get prodded, poked, or whatever done to her so I thought this time she would go just for fun. Well, she is always scared when we go and when the girl came around the end of the counter to offer HRH a treat she squatted down and took a huge dump right on the vet office floor. :LMAO: Pooooor Princess Gracie. Pooooooooor Vegas!!!! *snicker snicker* ;)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Not fun for poor little Vegas and not fun for you! Hopefully the rest of the day is better! Yes, we have learned the hard way to ALWAYS keep baby wipes in our cars! We have little traveling "Frank" bags with poop bags, babywipes, and treats in both cars. We are on the hunt for a new Vet too and though none are recommended here for Iowa, I did find one 30 miles away who actually carries Fromm! I am surprised that a vet carries something other than Science Diet, so we might give him a try.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... I can't stop laughing -- that is good stuff right there!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], OH, YOUR RIGHT!! Vegas does prefer naked so he did take the giant dump so we would have to get the heck out of there!! And I agree with you that vet's are wired to have you to keep coming back and most do not consider food as the culprit. My Old vet that retired totally believed in food helping Vegas with allergies although he sold Science Hill Diet out of his office he never once recommended it for us.

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], oh wow, the floor was bad enough, I would have been super embarrased if he had done it in a cart!! LOL

[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], I DID walk him after we left the vet and before we entered Petsmart, it was the costumes I tell you!! I Only use unscented wipes on him. I actually don't use wipes that often I use 3 washclothes, 1 to wash with his medicated soap, 2 to rinse, and 3 to dry. He owns about 20 washclothes all for him. But wipes are going to be in the cars for now on!!

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], High 5 to Vegas and HRH!! Way to go to make us ever so proud!!!!! He has NEVER done this in Petsmart before, I always see other dogs do it and I am guilty of saying "Eeww" now I can say Oh my dog did that once too!!

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], Little Jake does not need to know how to read he already knows.... that just when you think he won't because he never has... HE WILL :ashamed:

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
OMG! I am sorry, but the poop story is hilarious!!! Lucy used to pee EVERY time we went into a pet store. lol. It had to be to get out of that clothing isle. hee hee. Who says bulldogs aren't smart??

I am sorry about your vet. She will probably not push it with you anymore though and that is good. Good for you about standing your ground!!! When I was feeding Fromm, I had a vet ask about it but then he said "well, you probably know more about food that I do so I trust it is good" then I had another tell me that they only really knew about Eukanuba foods and that I should just do my research. We have seen 7 different vets and the only one that gave me flack about food (raw feeding) was a vet tech at the ER vet. I set her strait pretty quickly. lol.

At any rate, I love Vegas stories!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO , oh wow, the floor was bad enough, I would have been super embarrased if he had done it in a cart!! LOL
It was pretty funny. He wasn't even in our possession for an hour. The gal was super cool and cleaned it up. The hubby was busy gagging cause it was so stinky (his nutrition was horrible when we got him). We still laugh at it and they still remember him there. :lol:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh that is to funny. sarah has done that to me once in petco. of course it was the middle isle eveyone uses. took a nice pooh right in the floor. our bullies what would we do without em.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well at least the vet was better than you thought, except for the food part. As far as the costumes, I think Vegas let you know what he thought about them. :ROFL:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.