Thread: why my puppy picks and its what ever he founds ?

Bulldog(s) Names
    chucky
    Likes (Received)

Default why my puppy picks and its what ever he founds ?

my puppy is about 5 months old but he puts everything he founds on the floor to his mouth, if he find any kind of garbage, plastic, paper, even screws or broken glass if i take him to the park he eat the grass as well good or really what ever he founds....every body that have seen Chucky doing that they say he is like a pig because he is chunky and he eats what evver he found in the floor lol...but of course i take as much as i can things out of his mouth before he eats them...its this normal on a bullldog puppy? is he going to stop doing that as he grows ? or what should i do other then take as much thing as i can out of his mouth ?

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: why my puppy picks and its what ever he founds ?

Puppies, like babies, use their mouths to investigate new things. This is pretty normal. It's part of how they learn about the world around them. It's also a super fun part of your job as a puppy parent to watch at stop them yay lol.This would be a really good reason to teach both leave, it so that when you see he is interested in something you can stop him. And also drop it ,so if he does have something in his mouth you can get him to spit it out. These are both really important things for a dog to learn and pretty easy to teach.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jorge! Well your Chunky is behaving EXACTLY like a bully should! We don't like it..but they literally vacuum the ground with their mouths and suck everything and anything in! It's very important you watch what goes in..it will get better..but you have to be on top of it. Jake actually sucked up a bee 3 different times and got stung! We just would constantly clean out his mouth..while saying DROP...now at 9 months old...he obeys the DROP command..oh about 60% of the time! for a bulldog..I think he's exceptionally "gifted"... ..hang in there!

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Also, how do I say this without sounding like a jerk. It seems like English is not your first language, so if you have trouble understanding my post , Im sorry, and let me know if I can help.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    chucky
    Likes (Received)

jejeje sry for my writing I know it has a lot of mistakes but I was born here well yeah I'm Hispanic I know Spanish English and some portuguese as well but I'm a 18 year old teenager and I'm not saying this as a jerk either but in today's world we don't really care about writing somthing and then going back to read it and correct it, it's not that I don't haven an education Becuase actually at my age(18) I'm in my second year of college(rutgers new bronswick) and I'm also learning French well I just started taking them hehehe, but of course when i have to write an official document like an assaiment for my class or something of course I would take my time to correct it but when it's about texting or facebooking you would see i would say about 90% of teenagers write Like I did on this post or like diz so don't worry bout it I undertand wut u mean perfectly N I'm not sayin diz as a jerk either but diz is how we teneegers write and I'm just use to it by the way thanks for your reply

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I would get used to pulling things out of Chucky's mouth ... it seems to be a bully thing. My youngest, Daddy, will also eat everything and everything. I've pulled glass, bees, metal, wood and all other kinds of things out of his mouth ... and that's what I've CAUGHT him chewing. Who knows what he has actually managed to eat!!!

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@jorge Rodrigues Well I'm glad you have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Maybe you could teach me at hing or two.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@jorge don't worry there are some oldies out there j/k that don't understand how the youngster abbreviate and talk it really has gotten crazy!

Anyways yes bullies are a vacuum just like a baby keep all small things out of his reach and as well some bigger things lol. Safest bet is to keep floors clean and mess free, once it's on the floor they think it's theirs and will take possession if it! My fiancé had knocked his glasses off the end table one night, I told him he needed to pick them up. Of course beig a guy he says I will later. Well guess what our 19 month old bullie found them on the floor ad started chewing on them! Of course I noticed that whatever he was chewing on didn't sound normal. Looked down and he was just chewing away, I told jeff that he couldn't get mad at him for that cause he thinks whatever is on the ground is his! Having a bullie makes ur house cleaner as well, well it does mine loo
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

When I walk BabyGirl in the neighborhood I have to keep a close eye on her. She's so low to the ground she can easily pick something up if I'm not paying attention. She can be pretty sneaky about it too! I watched her sniff a bit of paper trash and oh so delicately held it with her lips (quite a feat as she has lil toofies that protrude slightly) but I saw and took it away. I have to be careful cause I think we have some neighbors that might be running questionable businesses. Don't trust any debris around there that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Hi Jorge! Well your Chunky is behaving EXACTLY like a bully should! We don't like it..but they literally vacuum the ground with their mouths and suck everything and anything in! It's very important you watch what goes in..it will get better..but you have to be on top of it. Jake actually sucked up a bee 3 different times and got stung! We just would constantly clean out his mouth..while saying DROP...now at 9 months old...he obeys the DROP command..oh about 60% of the time! for a bulldog..I think he's exceptionally "gifted"... ..hang in there!

You did the Jaws photoshop !!!!!! That is so dern hilarious

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Y View Post
    You did the Jaws photoshop !!!!!! That is so dern hilarious
    Ha! Wish I could do THAT! @Fontanafox did it! Your idea! She did one with a hot dog on top of water instead of girl too! Heeeeelarious! It's posted in that thread!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

I have to see that one. Which thread was that again?

Remove Ads