why my puppy picks and its what ever he founds ?

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
my puppy is about 5 months old but he puts everything he founds on the floor to his mouth, if he find any kind of garbage, plastic, paper, even screws or broken glass if i take him to the park he eat the grass as well good or really what ever he founds....every body that have seen Chucky doing that they say he is like a pig because he is chunky and he eats what evver he found in the floor lol...but of course i take as much as i can things out of his mouth before he eats them...its this normal on a bullldog puppy? is he going to stop doing that as he grows ? or what should i do other then take as much thing as i can out of his mouth ?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Puppies, like babies, use their mouths to investigate new things. This is pretty normal. It's part of how they learn about the world around them. It's also a super fun part of your job as a puppy parent to watch at stop them yay lol.This would be a really good reason to teach both leave, it so that when you see he is interested in something you can stop him. And also drop it ,so if he does have something in his mouth you can get him to spit it out. These are both really important things for a dog to learn and pretty easy to teach.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Jorge! Well your Chunky is behaving EXACTLY like a bully should! We don't like it..but they literally vacuum the ground with their mouths and suck everything and anything in! It's very important you watch what goes in..it will get better..but you have to be on top of it. Jake actually sucked up a bee 3 different times and got stung! We just would constantly clean out his mouth..while saying DROP...now at 9 months old...he obeys the DROP command..oh about 60% of the time! :bang: for a bulldog..I think he's exceptionally "gifted"...:laugh: ..hang in there!

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Also, how do I say this without sounding like a jerk. It seems like English is not your first language, so if you have trouble understanding my post , Im sorry, and let me know if I can help.

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
jejeje sry for my writing I know it has a lot of mistakes but I was born here well yeah I'm Hispanic I know Spanish English and some portuguese as well but I'm a 18 year old teenager and I'm not saying this as a jerk either but in today's world we don't really care about writing somthing and then going back to read it and correct it, it's not that I don't haven an education Becuase actually at my age(18) I'm in my second year of college(rutgers new bronswick) and I'm also learning French well I just started taking them hehehe, but of course when i have to write an official document like an assaiment for my class or something of course I would take my time to correct it but when it's about texting or facebooking you would see i would say about 90% of teenagers write Like I did on this post or like diz so don't worry bout it I undertand wut u mean perfectly N I'm not sayin diz as a jerk either but diz is how we teneegers write and I'm just use to it ;) by the way thanks for your reply ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would get used to pulling things out of Chucky's mouth ... it seems to be a bully thing. My youngest, Daddy, will also eat everything and everything. I've pulled glass, bees, metal, wood and all other kinds of things out of his mouth ... and that's what I've CAUGHT him chewing. Who knows what he has actually managed to eat!!! :nope:

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=2459]jorge[/MENTION] Rodrigues Well I'm glad you have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Maybe you could teach me at hing or two.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=2459]jorge[/MENTION] don't worry there are some oldies out there ;) j/k that don't understand how the youngster abbreviate and talk it really has gotten crazy!

Anyways yes bullies are a vacuum just like a baby keep all small things out of his reach and as well some bigger things lol. Safest bet is to keep floors clean and mess free, once it's on the floor they think it's theirs and will take possession if it! My fiancé had knocked his glasses off the end table one night, I told him he needed to pick them up. Of course beig a guy he says I will later. Well guess what our 19 month old bullie found them on the floor ad started chewing on them! Of course I noticed that whatever he was chewing on didn't sound normal. Looked down and he was just chewing away, I told jeff that he couldn't get mad at him for that cause he thinks whatever is on the ground is his! Having a bullie makes ur house cleaner as well, well it does mine loo

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
When I walk BabyGirl in the neighborhood I have to keep a close eye on her. She's so low to the ground she can easily pick something up if I'm not paying attention. She can be pretty sneaky about it too! I watched her sniff a bit of paper trash and oh so delicately held it with her lips (quite a feat as she has lil toofies that protrude slightly) but I saw and took it away. I have to be careful cause I think we have some neighbors that might be running questionable businesses. Don't trust any debris around there that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Hi Jorge! Well your Chunky is behaving EXACTLY like a bully should! We don't like it..but they literally vacuum the ground with their mouths and suck everything and anything in! It's very important you watch what goes in..it will get better..but you have to be on top of it. Jake actually sucked up a bee 3 different times and got stung! We just would constantly clean out his mouth..while saying DROP...now at 9 months old...he obeys the DROP command..oh about 60% of the time! :bang: for a bulldog..I think he's exceptionally "gifted"...:laugh: ..hang in there!

You did the Jaws photoshop !!!!!! That is so dern hilarious :laugh:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.