gps device fot my dog.

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
is there any GPS device that i can use on my dog ..i know about the microchip but for me it doesnt look that helpful i mean it can be use when somebody find the pet but if that person dont want to return it then the microchip is not going to help at all its the same thing as putting a tag on the collar ..i want a real GPS device like if the pet gets lost you can actually track the pet and find out where the pet is located it would be great if a product like a microchip would work as a GPS but i dont know if something like that has been created so please any info ...thanks

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Jorge... Seems like I have heard of something like that but Im not sure it wasn't just wishful discussion. Now, what Princess Gracie has on her harness is a small capsule that contains all her information including home info and her vet's info. If she were to get lost all one would have to do is open the capsule and they would see a USB plug. They plug it into any PC or Apple and get all the info automatically so we or her vet can be contacted. Not the same as GPS but it does give the info without having to have a chip reader. Hope this helps.

HuddysBuddy

Mar 14, 2011
Columbia, Pa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
When I worked at Circuit City (wow, its been 3 years since they closed already) we sold a GPS tracker for dogs and recently was considering it myself. Zoombak makes a good, small one for dogs that uses satellite and cell towers to locate them in real time. I think they are accurate within 50 ft so it will get you very close to where they are. I think they are under $100 now, but there is a monthly fee that varies on the services that you sign up for. I hope this helps you find what you need.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Jorge... Seems like I have heard of something like that but Im not sure it wasn't just wishful discussion. Now, what Princess Gracie has on her harness is a small capsule that contains all her information including home info and her vet's info. If she were to get lost all one would have to do is open the capsule and they would see a USB plug. They plug it into any PC or Apple and get all the info automatically so we or her vet can be contacted. Not the same as GPS but it does give the info without having to have a chip reader. Hope this helps.

Bruce, I think he was going for a locator - something that can track a lost/stolen dog for when he is not found by anyone or when somebody refuses to turn them in...

I want one for my skin kids. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
@HuddysBuddy ......... Thanx so much for your post. Zoombak does indeed have one that works with /dogs/kids/ anything that is about 150 bucks. The monthly fee is $13 month. Google Zoombak for more info.

Edit: I may be wrong on the service info. I have a phone call into the company to get my questions answered. I'll update on here when they call me back.

Last edited:

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
There is a microchip with GPS tracking. I got a pamphlet from my vet. You do have to pay separately for the service though. Ask the vet, they just might have it, who knows.

HuddysBuddy

Mar 14, 2011
Columbia, Pa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Thanks. $13 isn't bad at all. I'll have to look into more myself. We just started letting Hudson off the leash at my parent house. They have a huge yard, but it isnt fenced so I worry, especially when he chases the neighbors chickens...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
There is a microchip with GPS tracking. I got a pamphlet from my vet. You do have to pay separately for the service though. Ask the vet, they just might have it, who knows.

Ooooo...now THIS I like! Noone would even think they had it..it can't just be taken off by someone and all that good stuff. Gonna look into this! Thanks!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoombak called back and I missed it and when I called them I got stuck on hold But, I did more reading on it. It appears that the Service is handled thru the AKC CAR program and runs $14/month. I'd still want to talk to them before I actually bought one and signed HRH up for the AKC CAR.

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Ooooo...now THIS I like! Noone would even think they had it..it can't just be taken off by someone and all that good stuff. Gonna look into this! Thanks!
whaaaaa, the other ones anyone can take them off? Well, then...its worth only half! If someone takes my dog, they can just throw that tracker somewhere.....call the vets in the area and ask. Somebody HAS to have it...too bad I dont remember the company's name on the pamphlet :-(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.