Crazy Dog

kels16

Aug 24, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I have no idea why but Harley has gone psycho! He doesn't act this way when he's at my fiance's house, only at mine. He just gets hyper and never settles down and he starts attacking our hands biting them along with our feet and arms and just jumps on us out of nowhere, my brother was just sitting on the couch and as soon as you think he's calm he snaps and he just full blast jumped up on my brother and scratched him. Has anyone else had these behavioral problems? It lasted for almost an hour and he still isn't calm and that's not normal.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=3077]kels16[/MENTION] Does Harley get walked regularly?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
He is trying to play. They play rough until you set boundaries about what is acceptable and what is not.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
does he get more exercise at your fiance's house?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Exercise ... take him for a 10-15 min walk and when playing with him... make sure you have limitations on what is acceptable when playing. My girl plays very rough, but we took time to teach her limits and it settles her down.

OP
kels16

kels16

Aug 24, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I knew he was trying to play, and he hasn't got much walks lately because it was too hot and at night it was still above 80 degrees and lately it's been raining. I took him on 2 short walks yesterday to see if that would get some energy out and that didn't work. He may get a little more exercise at my fiance's house because he has a fenced in yard so Harley can just roam around as he wants but we don't have a fence at my house so I can't just let him go out and run. What do you do to set the boundaries on what is ok?

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Just don't inadvertently encourage the behavior by responding. Just ignore the behavior, if necessary by standing up and facing away. We used to (and still occasionally do) play really rough with our big bully, but after a shortish while signal the game is at an end by standing up and calling it a day. Probably in your circumstances however you don't want to do that as it can ramp up the excitement level for your bully.

You can also try calming down by gently massaging around his tail area or under his armpits or under his chin.

All of this assumes as previous posters have raised that he is getting enough walks and attention. Our boy gets an absolute minimum of total of 3/4 hour walks per weekday.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.