Dumb pizza delivery man

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So my husband and I order some food and, of course, Lola runs to greet him. He than tells me he is looking for one on the internet. I told him they are expensive to have and to be careful with puppy mills. And he says "Oh, it won't be expensive cuz I'm gonna just adopt one." I am now mad at myself for not yelling at him that bully's are expensive to purchase but the real cost is taking care of them and that he needs to do research and make sure that he isn't going to abandon it when he realizes that they are more than just "cool looking dogs." .......Sorry, needed to vent a bit.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You have a very valid reason to vent. Lots of people don't understand that owning and raising a bulldog is a lifetime commitment that requires dedication and $$$$. My vet once mentioned to me that I have the "Rolls Royce of breeds". Hmmm...wasn't sure how to take that coming from my vet but i got what he meant! ;)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gosh..are they EVER expensive to care for!! I just spent $600 on Gator this weekend and that total (for the same problem) WILL grow until it is resolved. My thoughts...if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen! lol

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Hope he plans on buying pet insurance. I love my vet but just to walk in the door is 60 plus dollars. Now i would pay him a LOT more than that because at every step of the way her has proven that he is completely worth it but still. 1 upper respiratory infection and this guy is gonna die of sticker shock! Even to adopt one is 500 plus dollars. I would have a new puppy this second if I could but it isn't in my budget this week or next for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ever watch NCIS.... give your hubby a good 'Gibbs slap' for not doing his research!!:ROFL: In my opinion, this is the best breed in the world, cost are INSANE, but the love and entertainment is sooooooo worth it! However, you gitta do your homework to make sure you are ready and willing for the financial commitment.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Totally agree with everyone. I always, always, impress upon people the cost of owning this dog. Not just the financial commitment but the time and emotional commitment required to ensure that a bully stays healthy. Unfortunately, some people just hear the dollar amount and either tune out or think I have tons of money to blow. (So not the case.)

OP
mandyjo

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Ever watch NCIS.... give your hubby a good 'Gibbs slap' for not doing his research!!:ROFL: In my opinion, this is the best breed in the world, cost are INSANE, but the love and entertainment is sooooooo worth it! However, you gitta do your homework to make sure you are ready and willing for the financial commitment.

It wasn't my husband that said it, it was the pizza delivery guy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.