Had to REPOSSES a puppy!

tleegirl

Jul 6, 2011
So as most of you know, I had a litter of 8 in June. I have to say all of the potential foreover homes were really satisfying. However, my last male went to a home and for some reason I had a "not so comfortable" feeling. So when I saw his pic on a post with a totally "out of this world topic," I investigated. Only to find out the person was connected to a puppy mill. So I repossessed my lil boy. There was some jaw jabbing but in the end, we got him home. So I've had to reduce his price to get him to a new home but how sad was that! You just never know in this biz. He's such a cutie too, they would have studded that boy to death!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=2713]tleegirl[/MENTION] Ahh that is great that you care more about their homes than the amount of money they bring in... wish more breeders had these morals.

OP
T

tleegirl

Jul 6, 2011
@tleegirl Ahh that is great that you care more about their homes than the amount of money they bring in... wish more breeders had these morals.
Thanks for that because my DH wasn't quite happy but hey, these are my babies, I RAISED THEM!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I say GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I am so glad that you got him back! This is why I wouldn't breed even if I were more knowledgeable. I would be too worried about this sort of thing in letting the puppies go so I would have to keep them all!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Kudos to you! Puppy Mills are hell on earth and it should be a FELONY to run one! Unknowingly I purchased my Bullie from a puppy broker who claimed to be a breeder. My little sweetheart was actually imported from Russia! She was so sick with things that our vet said don't even exist in the USA! She was at the vet's more than she was at home for the first few months of her life. It took from July 4 - October 15 to get her well. I sat with her many an hour in my lap giving her percussion treatments to help with her breathing. We are so bonded to each other...I truly don't think she could live without me nor me without her! There's nothing like the love of a Bulldog!

The Attorney General of Texas received numerous complaints about the woman selling sick and dying puppies to unsuspecting people. The state filed a consumer fraud lawsuit on her and others in her greedy family. They were found guilty and have an injunction filed against them to NEVER sell puppies again. They also had a judgement filed on them for damages totaling in the hundreds of thousands!

I hope I live long enough to see Puppy Mills a thing of the past!

OP
T

tleegirl

Jul 6, 2011
Kudos to you! Puppy Mills are hell on earth and it should be a FELONY to run one! Unknowingly I purchased my Bullie from a puppy broker who claimed to be a breeder. My little sweetheart was actually imported from Russia! She was so sick with things that our vet said don't even exist in the USA! She was at the vet's more than she was at home for the first few months of her life. It took from July 4 - October 15 to get her well. I sat with her many an hour in my lap giving her percussion treatments to help with her breathing. We are so bonded to each other...I truly don't think she could live without me nor me without her! There's nothing like the love of a Bulldog!

The Attorney General of Texas received numerous complaints about the woman selling sick and dying puppies to unsuspecting people. The state filed a consumer fraud lawsuit on her and others in her greedy family. They were found guilty and have an injunction filed against them to NEVER sell puppies again. They also had a judgement filed on them for damages totaling in the hundreds of thousands!

I hope I live long enough to see Puppy Mills a thing of the past!

I am sooo happy you cared for your pup as you did. So many people just don't know what's out there. Most of my referrals come from friends I've met over the years and through sites like this. However, you don't always know. But I've trusted my gut many a times and it has yet to let me down. I know there are so many people looking to make money from breeding, but you do not breed for money. You breed for the betterment of the breed. I love the bulldogs and love watching them take on their personalities. However, they are not easy to breed and there is a lot of work involved. So if someone is running a mill, they can not possibly take the time and patience it takes to correctly raise these pups. I can only imagine what was about to happen, considering every single pup from this litter was breeding quality!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
My daughter and I both have Bullie girls. We got them because they are such a special breed. We never intended to breed our babies and both girls were spayed at 6 months old. My daughter lives next door to me and our girls are both spoiled totally rotten...both are the typical "Queen of the Castle" type girls. My daughter comes over for coffee every morning and brings Chloe, her Bullie. Almost every morning, Chloe and Punkie give each other "the look" and it's on! We keep a squirt bottle filled with water and when they go after each other, we give them a little squirt and they behave the rest of the morning. Gotta love Bulldogs!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online