Had a good morning, despite learning that I'm a sap.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
My wife flew out last night for a few days, and my job was just to hold things together until she returns... should be easy as everything is a routine.

Woke up this morning and took the dogs out, made them breakfast, found something for me to eat, then jumped on the computer to check the news... looked at the clock and decided I needed to get ready for work. As I walked through the living room, I noticed black smears and splotches across the carpet :eek: ... Moe was chewing on an ink pen. The thoughts going through my head was that it would never come out, and if there was any hope of cleaning this up, it would have to be done now, which means I'll be late for work.

I didn't yell at Moe, I didn't have to... he knew I was upset as he was avoiding eye contact with me. My main concern was how much he ingested... I didn't see ink in or around his mouth, so I think he is good... but now to worry about the carpet.

I broke out the carpet shampooer and it was getting up some of it, but not really doing the job, so I got down on my hands and knees to work the hand tool part of the machine. It was doing better, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to get it all up, but it was working enough to give me some hope.

Moe was coming over to investigate what I was doing, but I had to shoo him away to get him out of the way. He came back over again though, but this time it was not out of curiosity of my cleaning efforts, but he came over to give me some kisses, then he put his forehead against mine and stayed there until I couldn't help it and dropped the cleaning tool to love on him. And as I was loving on him I was thinking about how sweet he was to notice that I was stressing and how he came over to comfort me... that's what friends do for each other.

So all said and done, the ink eventually came up, it really didn't matter that I was late for work as nothing was waiting for me, and I got some great bonding with Moe. So I'll rate this as a good morning :)

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Dogs teach us every day...you are a great friend to Moe..you listened! :hug:But one final thought...you don't suppose he wants a tattoo do you?? :eek:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
They are so wonderful. They know when you are stressed and sick and they will stick with you and try to help you. Some dogs don't do that but it seems most bullies do.

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Dogs teach us every day...you are a great friend to Moe..you listened! :hug:But one final thought...you don't suppose he wants a tattoo do you?? :eek:

:) he got one... there was ink on his leg... think it was a tat of a tree :lol:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yanno (that's Ohioan for you know) :pics: Besides we haven't had a Moe fix in AGES!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
LOVE IT !!!! thanks for sharing. :hug:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Ahhh! That's super sweet of Moe - I mean, yeah, he inked the carpet but he had it all planned - he figured you're going to have to clean it up so you won't have to go to work yet and then he can spend some quality time with him. And they say bullies are not intelligent! Hah!

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] Haha, sounds like a Wilfred episode

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is the sweetest thing. Just a reminder of why you wanted a bully all along. Haven't seen any new photos or videos for a while. Please Telly, can we see Moe grown up???

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online