cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just came back from walking my boys around town. I mentioned before that we're on a little beach "getaway" and this really is a pretty place to walk dogs with the ocean just steps away. Anyways, i'm steaming po'd right now:mad:. I was on the hunt for a coffe house, cafe, anything that served java b/c i didn't want to get stuck with my Yuban hotel coffee (no offense, Yuban). So, here we three are, walking up and down streets, along Pacific Coast Hwy, enjoying the scenery and the passersby of course, but not finding a cafe anywhere, not even a Starbuck's! Finally, after many blocks I spot this little shop...I won't mention the name but let's just say it called itself a French bakery...it's got a little patio and there are people milling about. I walk close to the door to poke my head in to see if they allow dog's, and Tate steps one paw inside 'cuz it did smell pretty good, and the man, who i find out later is the owner, yells, "hey, hey, hey!!", in a tone that says, "get your dog the H out of here!"...and he's got the most sour-puss face i've ever seen at 7am!
I loudly replied back, "Don't worry, he's not going inside. And good morning to you too!" What a way to welcome a potential customer!:cursing:
Maybe i'm being overly sensitive but my pups are my boys and tho i don't expect every place to be "dog friendly", the guy's attitude was pretty lousy. Needless to say, I won't be stepping foot inside that place and we ended up back in our room. And you know what, i actually did enjoy the hotel coffee!:yes:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That guy is probably that way to everyone, sour!!! No excuse to be rude. So the Yuban was better than expected? :p

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What an idiot ... he doesn't deserve to be in the presence of bullies with that attitude!! :nonono:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
He is not very smart. Having a couple of cutie patootie bulldogs on the patio would probably have brought in business!!!

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
I hate people like that! How can you do that when you see such good looking dogs?! Who, no offense, aren't like other dogs that will just go pee all over the place! They are very well mannered.. unlike that guy apparently is!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.