Bully Growth Rate

apogee

Aug 24, 2011
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla
My Maggie is almost 8 months old, but only weighs 33 pounds. She's a good, healthy weight for her frame, but her frame is small. The last few times I've taken her out in public, people have commented on how small she is.

So I'm just wondering, is 33 pounds unusually small for a female bully her age? At 8 months, is she about maxed out, or does she still have a ways to go before she reaches her max size? She has been spayed by the way.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Since my guy is just 9 months old...I don't know yet how he will be at full grown! But I've read enough here to think your gal will still put on some weight..mostly fill out until about 2. They come in all weights and sizes! But bet she's perfect! We have had a few threads here on growth..my Jake weighs 42 lbs and he'll probably be on the smaller side of male bullies...but he's so perfect and healthy...I don't think much about it. You might do a search for this subject on older threads..but I KNOW Maggie is perfect! :yes:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian and Oliver are 8 months old and at the end of July Oliver weighed 56 pounds and Sebastian weighed 36 pounds. Sebastian is smaller because he has pulmonic stenosis. I'm guessing by now they weigh about 60 and 40 pounds respectively. I think females always tend to be on the smaller side anyway, so unless your vet is showing some concern I wouldn't worry about it.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola was 41 pounds at 7 months. Not sure now, but her body doesn't seem much bigger than that now at almost 8 months. Her head on the other hand...well....

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy will be 8 months in about 5 days and she is in the mid 40's. I wouldn't worry too much. If she looks like her weight is good and your vet isn't concerned, then she is probably fine! They vary so much in size.

brcjzl

Jul 7, 2011
Canfield, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Liam, (Bailey RIP 05/22/2011)
If Maggie is otherwise healthy I wouldn't worry much about it. Our Liam was born with a liver shunt which can cause underdevelopment. Luckily we caught it when he was 8 weeks old. He had surgery for it at 15 weeks and is now 19 weeks old. He now weighs 25 pounds. The difference in Liam's appetite before and after surgery is night and day. I was lucky if he ate all his food three times a day before surgery. Usually, it would take him 10-15 minutes to eat 3/4 cup if/when he ate. After surgery, he eats 1 cup, three times a day and begs for more.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie is just short of 5 Years old. HRH is a svelte 41 pounds of dainty bullie femininity . :D

OP
A

apogee

Aug 24, 2011
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla
She's a healthy, happy dog. I was just wondering because a number of people commented on her small size.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.