shedding

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Lily is shedding so bad... her fur is flying off of her like crazy! Is it possible she's losing her summer fur and getting fall fur???

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I notice the white hair on my bullies sheds first. Or maybe just, worse.

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
I noticed that too... Lily only has a bit of white on her head but she seems to lose that hair more..

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think the white just Shows up more. I do agree it's getting to the time of year that they just shed more. I've noticed an increase in shedding for HRH and she does get a fish oil capsule every day.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson's also been shedding a bunch the last few weeks. I finally bite the bullet and got the Furminator to brush him with and it works wonderful. Never thought I pay that much to brush my dog with though and wish I would have gotten it long ago for my other short hair dogs. Wilson's coat is also thick.

On a side note, he's been off the Salmon Oil for about 6 weeks now and I've noticed a big difference in his shedding. I have more on order now and got a smaller bottle so it doesn't go rancid.

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I also have noticed a change in the shedding the last few weeks. It is nuts! But, they are on the fish oil too and it sure has helped.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Both mine are shedders too. You can brush and brush and brush... You would think they would be bald, but no... it's still coming off.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So glad it's not just us! My husband tells me to stop brushing before Lola's skin comes off!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
lovemybullyboy...it took approx 2 wks for it to be noticeable. He stills sheds, but no where near as bad.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My two shed so differently, both are on fish oil (2400mg per day). Banks, female and white/brindle markings barely sheds at all.... Nitschke, male red/white sheds ungodly! We use the furminator, which helps, but I swear his coats is the thickest I've ever seen

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.