Year "warranty" questions

JackMurdoc

Sep 4, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Murdoc
I got little Jack a bit over 4 months ago and signed a year warranty document from his breeder which covers congenital problems...come to find out that jack is and always has been blind in his left eye and need to have a surgery to prevent glaucoma hes developed in it. I paid $1800 for him and the breeder is offering to pay $900 ("since it is not fatal" tho it is life altering which are also words used in our contract) I've never done this before and want to know what my rights as jacks mommy are...i love him TONS and will be having the surgery regardless of the breeders help...giving him back was out of the option...hes my child...but fatal or not is the $900 reasonable or am i entitled to the full amount?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
:heart: Jacks mommy!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, often, if there is an issue the "warranty" states that you return the puppy to the breeder in exchange for another puppy or a refund. So, I would take the $900 and be happy to keep my puppy. I haven't used ours though so I can't help, but that is my 2 cents.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
When I brought Sebastian home I was aware that he had a heart murmur and my breeder gave me the option to wait for a puppy from another litter or to go ahead and take him. If I took him and there was something found that was more serious than just a heart murmur she was going to stand by our contract. Well, Sebastian was diagnosed with severe Pulmonic Stenosis. She let me keep Sebastian and gave me Oliver for free as a replacement puppy. That's just my little story about a breeder standing by their contract and having to use it. If I hadn't taken Oliver, she would have offered to help cover his medical costs

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well, often, if there is an issue the "warranty" states that you return the puppy to the breeder in exchange for another puppy or a refund. So, I would take the $900 and be happy to keep my puppy. I haven't used ours though so I can't help, but that is my 2 cents.

I agree, you are lucky that they are not offering a replacement puppy and willing to help with the bill. many will only give a replacement puppy, knowing that 99% of the buyers would never give the pup they love back. It really depends on the breeder as to what you would get.

Many breeders stop answering your calls once they know there is an issue with your pup and never ever fulfill the health guarantee.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.