Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELPPPPP!!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HELPPPPP!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbuxx View Post
    wow, thats crazy, a shoot to kill permision on dogs! thats rude lol... and yes we have been very carefull, samson is no longer wearing the collar already! hes a quick learner lol...when he wants to be. I was just so scared, one bite...samson was breaking that little thing in half...This is amazing progress imo for a 5 hour period
    What an adorable picture of them. I am sure you will continue to watch them very closely but it looks like they are on the right path.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELPPPPP!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbuxx View Post
    Victor, i understand you are not judging me, but if you were only there to see the aggression. It wasnt like you could have gone any slower and really i didnt think of introducing in a neutral place because i did not expect that out of samson. There was no time to deal with it, at first i could not even catch him , he ignored every command , ignored everything... which surprised the hell out of me because.. i walk him with no leash, he has very rarley showed aggression to anything..i was so thrown off.

To those of you who think a shock collar is such a horrible thing... i put it as high as it goes and shocked myself with it before i went through with this(sounds stupid, but i didnt want to do it if it was crazy) I shocked Sam twice on 1/4 strength while using a verbal command first, then a beep on the collar, then finally a shock when he was ignoring all commands. As i said, i only had to do it twice, and now when sam doesnt respond to my "forget it" command about the new pup, i only have to resort to the beep and he backs off. End of day one, they are sleeping together, shock collar didnt seem like a horrible idea to me. ... the setting is on 3, it feels like a 9v battery on your tounge, just on your neck i guess..
    I understand Mike, Its a common mistake, a lot of folks forget to consider the dog they have already when bringing in a new one. Its a 50/50 chance as to if the dog will be accepting or not. Either it will be fine with the new dog or it will not.Someone brings a new dog home , puts it on the floor in front of the current dog then waits for a reaction. I have a new pup for my daughter , got it when it was 8 weeks old too. I did not want an issue as I had no idea how Pepper would react to a new dog in the house so I took the initial meeting to a place I controlled. I let them both meet outside the house in the yard. I was not sure how she would do as she is an extremely dommy female that was the only pup in her litter to survive birth. With no litter mates to play with her dealings with pups was nil, she had none.
    So the initial meet took place outside and once I was sure she would be OK with the pup I let her lead it inside the house. By that I allowed her to be the one to bring the pup into her domain, it wasn't just sprung on her. The pup is 11 weeks old now and she treats it like her own pup, she even lets it chew on her ears and pull on her folds though that she allowing it less and less by the day.
    Myself I have never used a shock collar to train and would never even consider it. The only trainers I know who use them train police and security dogs. To me using a shock collar on a house pet is unwarranted. There are too may other ways to properly get a dog to obey commands without resorting to a shock collar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads