Should I be worried?

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Ok so I'm going on vacation for a week with my parents and my husband is staying home with spike bc he has to work his job wouldn't let him
Take vacation time anyway do y'all think spike will b sad or think that I have left him? I have a dog sitter aka my cousin staying all day with him during the week then daddy will b home right after work. I have left a detailed schedule for my husband and my cousin but I'm still worried that he will get sad or something bc I am the one who takes care of him. :*[* this is the 1st time I have left him so I don't know what to expect.

Crying mama :**[**

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm sure he's gonna miss you like crazy.........he may even refuse to eat. But, his daddy will be there and that will make him feel better. I'm sure he is going to be THRILLED when you come home. Bully slobbers all over!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
He'll be just fine...thank your lucky stars you don't have to kennel Spike! I did it once to Bentley and cried and fretted the ENTIRE vacation - NEVER again! He will be well cared for and ever so pleased to get his momma back. Have fun!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Have a nice time, and I hope you can call in like a worried mommy :)

rikkiderr

Jul 21, 2010
Plano, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Trixie Wrinklebottom
Sounds like the pressure is on for your husband! lol Hang in there and try to enjoy your vacation and hopefully the week will fly by so you can get home to Spike.

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Well I think spike knows I'm
Leaving he keeps on staring at my luggage and staring at me :*[ the good thing is that my husband and my laptop has webcams so we will schedule nightly chats which will prob result in a slobbery laptop for my husband lol. I'm gonna miss him like crazy. :*[

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
He will be totally fine, seriously! When we leave our boys we also have somone stay with them and they do miss us like crazy but they get to have a diff kind of party on their own too. It is always hard leaving but trust me it wont hurt him as much as it hurts you.

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Ok so I am officially on the road I think it was harder for me than him he thinks I'm leaving and coming right back. I had to give him lots of kisses and hugs. I told him mommy would b back n a week and he was staying with daddy. I cried like if I was leaving my child behind or something. :( I'll b ok I'll have our 1st webcam talk tonight. :]

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I know how you feel, I left Sam with my mom for a week. Before leaving I looked back at that beautiful little mug and started crying! Definitely think it was harder on me than him!

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
I don't have kids but spike is like my baby. When my parents asked me why I was crying my dad was
Like "she is gonna miss her husband leave her alone!" and I was like "I'm going to miss spike!" lol I am soooo attached to my spike and couldn't imagine my life without him. :[ looks like we won't b able to video chat tonight bc by the time we get to pecos, Tx its gonna b like midnight and daddy and spike will prob be zzzzzzz lol. Hope u all have a good day!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awe you poor thing. This will be good for you both, sad as it sounds. It is always the hardest to leave them the first few times. gets easier I promise and the easier it is for you, the easier it is for the pups.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
OH..this is exactly how we are feeling with Chester and the cruise we are taking in a couple of weeks. My husband keeps asking me if I think he'll pass as a "seeing eye dog" so we can take him on board. Considering that Chester is a bad baby bully - (read into this - he doesn't listen >.< ).. I told my husband I don't think so. :p

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
well just had my 1st video chat w spike it went well...spike licked the laptop like i knew he would..he would turn his head side to side when i talked to him...awww i miss him soo much but only 6 more days till i finally get to hug him and love on him :) thanks everyone for the words of encouragment i think the hardest part was leaving him but my husband said he is doing very good...eating and doing everything normally. so that makes me feel MUCH better :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
that is good to hear, I bet it was cute seeing him on camera:)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.