Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So angry right now . People make me sick.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So angry right now . People make me sick.

@dozersmama , it truly is a terrible thing to lose someone you loved deeply. And yes, things will remind you of dozer and you will be angry and sad and sometimes happy too.

We adopted Bullie when she was already a few weeks shy of 3 years old. We've been looking for a dog for over 3 years and haven't found one that connected with us.

When I got Gizmo - my bichon - I just happened to pass by the pet store on my way to my car from the Fedex office. Normally, I don't look at those dogs at the pet store because I don't want to support the puppy mills that supply them. I wasn't even looking for a dog. But, I don't know - I just stopped by, saw Gizmo (only 8 weeks old at the time) and I immediately bonded with him. I couldn't put him down, so I walked out of the store $1200 poorer with a dog. And he's been my very best friend since.

It's almost the same thing with Bullie. I was browsing craigslist for a sectional sofa and stopped at the community section to check out the drama (there's always some fight going on in the community section of the local craigslist)... and I saw this fat bulldog with inverted vampire fang'd face. It looked really funny so I showed it to my husband. My husband loves english bulldogs even if he never owned one. Next thing I know, he took the family on a field trip to see this bulldog. We walked in this woman's house and the dog immediately bonded with my 2 kids. Love at first sight. So even a 3 year old dog can form a really strong bond with a new family as what happened with us and Bullie.

But, I have to say though... give yourself time to grieve and heal. Sometimes, getting another dog so soon puts a lot of expectation on the new dog to act and behave just like Dozer... even if it's very unintentional or even subliminal. Each dog is very unique and you might not be ready to give the new dog individual attention because everything still reminds you of Dozer.
    Last edited by anatess; 10-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Frany Stein and Boris Karloff
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I lost my Billie on June 23,2009 and i am still not over it. I adopted him when he was 18mos old. He was the best dog I could ask for. The previous family got divorced and no one wanted him. He had been bounced from person to person on a temperary basis for about 6 mos, and as I said, he was perfect! Check out the puppy. He needs the love.
    Crystalmcr The "boys" mama
    " Please God, help me be the person my bulldogs think I am !"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel /- Dozer RIP
    Likes (Received)

were so so sorry for your loss, we too lost our Dozer, he was just over 10 and in perfect health, the whole town around here knew and loved him.. He was the heart of our family.. I know this is a terrible shock and very painful... But we felt that we could not go on with the house so quiet, it just kept us grieving, and we had too much love to share, and knew Dozer would want us too,, the quiet was a constant reminder, so rather than grieve and mope, we decided to share our love and ended up with Diesel, He is not Dozer, and will never EVER replace him, in fact he's opposite in most ways, BUT we love him, and we find ourselves laughing again.. Follow your heart,, and we'll be praying for you.. We know its not easy at all,, so HUGS to you..

I know what you mean. I ran across an ad selling a bully that asked for like $800 OR A SET OF RIMS FOR A CAR! I was shocked and let the poser know how i feel, but I generally try to give them a benefit of the doubt. I just hope that some people may be doing what's best like others have said here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads