House is too empty, Is it too soon for a new pup

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
After losing Mr. Wilsons sister Snowflake to pneumonia my husband and I were soooo miserable. Two weeks later I searched out another white bully and that was BabyGirl and although my heart was still aching for Snowflake it really helped us to focus on the future. I still felt that hole in my heart but it got smaller everyday as I saw my sweet BabyGirl thrive and play and now I love her with all my heart.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think that you are the only one who can decide when it is time for a new dog. It might be tomorrow, or it might be a year from now but like others have said, you will know.

I know what you mean by feeling that you just left him out at the tree. I had my cats cremated because we move so much, I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving them.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I think at this point the only thing that is going to help is a new friend. I feel like I will spend the rest of my life crying. I have been looking with limited success today. I don't expect a puppy right now but soon would be nice. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good breeder? I cannot bear to go through this again. I don't even know if I can make it through this.

Members online