Thread: House is too empty, Is it too soon for a new pup

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: House is too empty, Is it too soon for a new pup

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    @Sarah , I rescued Dozer from a family thought bought him and within 1 week put him in a garage in November! No breeder so no guarantee. No i'm not returning him to the vet. I burried him under his favorite tree in the yard yesterday. At least that way he will always be near us. He jsut needed to come home and be with his family. Nothing would bring him back so I didn't want to leave him alone. I promised him the dya I got him, I would never leave him and He would always be safe at home with me. I feel like I failed him. I never left him alone. He even went to work with me. It was so hard to leave him out there last night. I know it sounds weird but I felt like leaving him there was abandoning him.
    That's just his body there... not his spirit That will always be with you!! I have a special poem about that. I love poems so much... they always capture the best words. Hope you don't mind:

We Have A SecretWe have a secret, you and I, that no one else shall know,
    For who but I can see you lie each night in fire glow?
    And who but I can reach my hand before we go to bed
    And feel the living warmth of you And touch your silken head?
    And only I walk woodland paths and see ahead of me,
    Your small form racing with the wind so young again, and free.
    And only I can see you swim in every brook I pass
    And when I call, no one but I can see the bending grass.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

you have the Love and compassion in your heart so why not share it with another dog. You take nothing away from the memory of your Bully.When my daughters 14 year old service dog died in July I figured it would be some time before she would want another. That dog was for some years the only friend she had. I credit him with saving he life on more than one occasion. She still cries for that dog . But within 10 days she was online checking the shelters for her new friend and companion. She found a pup she wanted to check out to see if he would be up to the training . I took her to the shelter, she spent some time with the pup and we now have a new member of the family.
    Finding a new pup to share your life does not in any way take from the love you had for your pup.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

There is no dog that will or could ever replace sweet dozer. But i know exactly how u feel. My boston of 11 years died and we had talked before her passing that we didnt want another animal period. We were gonna be animal free. But deep in my heart I knew I would never be able to function much less heal withoit a companion....it would never be the same but it would be something to help fill a portion of the void. We got a puppy and I have never regretted doing it so soon. Not a day passes that i dont think about mia
    And our wonderful years together.
    Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

After losing Mr. Wilsons sister Snowflake to pneumonia my husband and I were soooo miserable. Two weeks later I searched out another white bully and that was BabyGirl and although my heart was still aching for Snowflake it really helped us to focus on the future. I still felt that hole in my heart but it got smaller everyday as I saw my sweet BabyGirl thrive and play and now I love her with all my heart.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think that you are the only one who can decide when it is time for a new dog. It might be tomorrow, or it might be a year from now but like others have said, you will know.

I know what you mean by feeling that you just left him out at the tree. I had my cats cremated because we move so much, I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving them.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

I think at this point the only thing that is going to help is a new friend. I feel like I will spend the rest of my life crying. I have been looking with limited success today. I don't expect a puppy right now but soon would be nice. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good breeder? I cannot bear to go through this again. I don't even know if I can make it through this.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads