Nail Trimming

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
My cousin just got a job at a local dog groomer and told me I should bring Einstein there for a nail trim. It was a lot cheaper than our local vet too. My problem is Einstein is awful when it comes to his nails! I was embarrassed by how poorly he acted today. Because usually he is so good. He used to be great getting his nails trimmed but one time the vet clipped down too far and got his quick and he yipped. Since then he hates it. He doesn't get mean but he wiggles and jerks his foot away. I was trying to hold him so my cousin could use a grinder tool. He was just getting so worked up. Any suggestions? Is there anything I can do at home so he doesn't freak out so bad? Thanks!

RUTROWPUG

Aug 18, 2011
Brooksville Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger
Hi I am a groomer, If you trust your cousin and the shop it might me a good idea next time to leave him for a bath and everything sometime they do much better with out there owners around also they can restraint him better in the bath tub, you can also try and flip him on his back and make him stay and do the nails that way, My one girl will only let me do them on her back. Just remember once you start you have to finish on a good note even if you do one a day do not let him win or each time it will get harder. Hope this helps.

midwifemama11

Aug 14, 2011
If only they had a little laughing gas like we get when we get our teeth cleaned!!! I dito leaving the dog with the groomer. I think it makes them a little more submissive. If not then lots of treats, baby talk, reassurance and just take it one nail at a time.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I was going to suggest leaving while its being done. They are just like kids much better when ur not around lol

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.