Mama's boy and more....

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Ok, so my little man is 10 1/2 months old and he is such a mama's boy! I like the fact that he likes to be with me, but I think it is a little more than that. I was at my parent's house today and I couldn't go anywhere without him following my. My parents lab went for a walk and would come back. I told my dad that I would go get her with the leash (they live out in the woods so she can walk around a little on her own). My dad told me he would watch tubs, but he wasn't having any of that! He stayed with me the entire time and when he started to lag behind a little he sprinted to catch up like he was afraid that I was going to leave him. One time I left him in the house with my mom and I went outside. My mom had to let him out because he was crying. Another time he jumped through my parents screen door when I went inside the house leaving him on the back porch. At home he will follow me into the bathroom, and all around the house. He runs to the door every time he hears it open. I have to tell him to stay or he will barrel out the door. I can also hear him cry when we do leave him to go out. Is this normal bulldog behavior? Or does he have a bit of anxiety?Which leads me to my next question......tubs has always been great with the chewing. He has always only chewed his toys. He continues to chew his toys, but he seems to be finding other things around the house. He has never done this and I thought this was a teething trait. If he never did this while he was teething why might his be doing this now??Any help would be great!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Sounds like Vegas doesn't it!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
also sounds like Oliver!!! I don't have any advice, but if one of the other experts chime in, I'm all ears LOL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] sounds very familar as I am sitting in my computer chair on this site and he has learned he can put his head through the arm rest and lay his head on my knees.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Sounds like Jackson, except he follows my husband around, not me. When I'm home with him its like he can take me or leave me (unless there's food invovled, lol). The moment my husband gets home, he's all over him. He follows him everywhere throughout the house (including the bathroom) and only 1/2way pays attention to me. Ok...so maybe I'm a little jealous!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Sounds like Jackson, except he follows my husband around, not me. When I'm home with him its like he can take me or leave me (unless there's food invovled, lol). The moment my husband gets home, he's all over him. He follows him everywhere throughout the house (including the bathroom) and only 1/2way pays attention to me. Ok...so maybe I'm a little jealous!

Lol....who feeds Jackson? Tubs is technically my daughter's dog, but I take care of him. Feed him, bath him, all meds vet visits, etc......my husband and daughter walk him when I tell them too and play with him. It is funny though. When he plays with them he attacks their feet, but not with me!!!! Heeheehee

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I am wondering if we spoil them too much!?!?!?! Is that possible??????? Heehee

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...I have three of those..Gator and Gypsy are sitting at my feet right now. They will stay RIGHT by me no matter where I go. They are rarely more than a foot or two away. I like it most of the time but sometimes it is tiring. I have been trying to teach them the "out" command to send them out of the room I am in (mostly the kitchen) and it works for about 30 seconds. They will walk out and then back in. lol. They also like to come to the bathroom with me and will try to put their chins on my knees while i am in there. Crazy I tell ya!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Ok so it isn't just me! Lol I noticed today that he could be sound asleep on the floor and I will get up off of the couch and he will jump up and follow me down the hall.....every time![MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]....I have been doing the same thing with Tubs except with sit and stay. He will do it until I get too far away from him....maybe 5 ft and he is upa right by my side again. Now that I know this seems to be a bully thing I won't worry too much and just enjoy the fact that he loves to be right up my behind......lol

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
They are nuts! Mine can be snoring away but as soon as I stand up, they are right there. I wish I could jump up out of a dead sleep like that.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He just loves his mommy.:)

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Meilyr can be snoring up a storm and if he hears you move, he's right up on you. Once minute you are alone in the kitchen, the next the chubby ninja is standing right behind you. I swear he's stealthy even though he's such a big guy. I find it hilarious.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr can be snoring up a storm and if he hears you move, he's right up on you. Once minute you are alone in the kitchen, the next the chubby ninja is standing right behind you. I swear he's stealthy even though he's such a big guy. I find it hilarious.

Chubby Ninja...heehee

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs

That is great! That should be added as a nickname: Cubbyhole Ninja! :lol:

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
He's a bit young yet. Give him some time.They can be real Clingy at that age but as they get older (around1 1/2 years) they start settling in to a comfortable routine where they are just as happy to lay around and nap most the day. Its like they go from Clingy to Aloof .
Get some Antler and maybe load up a Kong toy with PBJ when you are away so he has something else to chew on beside your furniture.Either will keep a Bully occupied for hours.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.