Pepper meets a possible suitor Wednesday evening

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I have been searching for a sire for some pups with Pepper. I was going to enlist the "Help" of Casanova at Cash's in Louisville ,KY . I had my heart set on him being the sire but as I was making the final call to negotiate and get things ready for October they pulled him as a breeder. That was one fine Bully. So I found another close by me about 2 1/2 hours away. A champ Red Brindle that look almost like Pepper's twin. So we set up a meeting Wednesday evening so I can check him out and his pedigree and the "kids" can meet to see if there is a chance at AMOUR.
I feel like a protective dad sizing up some young punk kid sniffing around my daughter. I'll take a few pic's and post them Thursday.

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
THanks, Yup thats for sure , I am hoping it will work out with no issue But if need be I'll just go the A.I. route. Pepper has an issue with other dogs but she does surprisingly well around male Bullys.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Too bad you live so far away, I will be studding Griz out in a few months. AI is the best way to go. To insure the fertilization a test should be done on Pepper and then bread three times that week. I'm taking my course in romance .

:laugh:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Becky Becky Becky. Griz is learning to....how do you say? say-la-veee
a wham bam thank you ma'am

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh My ....[MENTION=1222]Victor Y[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ahhh spreckin ze dutch? no french .... oh wait, french fries and french vanilla. does that count?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
You guys are cracking me up!

[MENTION=1222]Victor Y[/MENTION] I am sorry things fell through with Cassanova...he is a gorgeous guy :). I am glad to hear that you found someone close that you think would be a good match! Please post away on those pics and keep us posted on how the romance comes along :)

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
We went to go meet the breeder this evening. Spent some time there and got to get a real good look at his Bully and observe it for some time. We went over pedigree and got everything in order so 9 days after she next goes into heat I'll be bringing her back there . We'll be doing it by A.I. 3 takes.
Her beau is CH McElhaneys Golden Strike aka Spike. His sire was the Bully that was in that Clooney movie Leatherheads. He's a big boy , good disposition, healthy and looked great. Good breeder , was really impressed on how well his kennel is kept. SPOTLESS, I did not even see refuse and kennel litter piled up anywhere . Wood flooring, no cement and the place was one of the cleanest I ever smelled. He takes great care of his Bullys. I got to see one of Spikes pups from another bitch. It was 7 weeks old and had they turned their backs I would have run off with it , it was sooooo cute :) Not really , I wouldn't have took it . It was cute as a button though

Here's some :photo:

Sire1.jpgSire2.jpg

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What a pretty boy! Sounds like a great match :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.