Mineral oil for ears??

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
Hii I posted this under health also..I have heard mineral oil works for ear mites does anyone know if this is true? Also what are the signs of ear mites ? One of Rexs ears has alot of gunk in it daily while the other is very clean..no scent in the ears but wondering if this could be mites also he gas scratched not all day but once or twice a day I see him itching it

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't know about mineral oil for ears and ear mites..but I do have a great suggestion to clean the ears. I use a cotton pad and witch hazel. Saturate the pad..squeeze out excess..wrap around your FINGER and you will be ably to reach deep into the ear..you will be amazed how much you get out..plus witch hazel is an astringent so you don't have to worry about moisture in the ears. I do this every other day and my dogs love it..it's cheap too!You can do every day with no problems..once you start seeing clean ears..you probably won't need to do as often!

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ooooo Where do I pick up a Ginger?!?!? I wanna start wrapping! :angel:
I have a ginger, :ROFL: Don't think I can share him though.....:tease:

Sorry that's all I can add to this thread. I use baby wipes and then dry with a cotton ball but that's just for dirty ears, not mites. I still have the witch hazel on my list, just keep forgetting it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have a ginger, :ROFL: Don't think I can share him though.....:tease:Sorry that's all I can add to this thread. I use baby wipes and then dry with a cotton ball but that's just for dirty ears, not mites. I still have the witch hazel on my list, just keep forgetting it.
ANOTHER SMART A**!!!! :help: I'm surrounded

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use a 50/50 solution of apple cider vinegar and water once a week to clean out their ears. However, if it's ear mites I'd suggest a visit to the vets ............not sure cleaning will get rid of ear mites, but I could be wrong!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2793]VoicesInMyHead[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] ....:happydance: .... too funny!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online