Kept my mouth shut for once!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Today our night time bartender returned from maternity leave, I am (was) friends with her on face book so I have seen many pictures of her new baby.

I welcomed her back and ask about the baby, and she had the NERVE to say to me...."I seen pictures of your dog on FB and he is UGLY" :w00t:

I clenched my teeth bit my tongue, got my stuff together and left. I came home and de-friended her. The NERVE!! Now what I really wanted to say was, "Well your new son is not so cute either"!! (He is) but I was furious. That was just plain rude. I would never say that about any ones kids or dog, obviously she knows how much I love my dog. I am proud of myself, I would have NEVER told her that her baby was ugly, that would be a lie, but I did want to tell her I found that statement very offensive to me.

For once I kept my mouth shut and just left. YEA ME!!!!

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Good for you. Besides who care what she thinks. I have had plenty of people say that Lucy has an ugly face or that she "looks mean". At first it bothered me---but now I feel bad for them that they will never experience the love of a Bully.

Now I find myself cheerfully replying--"beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "Yeah, she's a real meanie" and I know deep down inside I am a better person because I see the beauty in all animals--and you do too.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Good job Kelly! I probably wouldn't have been so good! She obviously doesn't understand the :bully: owner mentality! I might have NOT reacted nearly as well!! Soooooo...you can defiriend people ..ha? Wow..I hope [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] doesn't know that!! :ohmy:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I know you are kidding about [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], but yes you can block friends or de-friend them, I had to make my FB "private" only my accepted friends can view it, because Joe's stalker X-wife was reading my FB and calling him out on crap, even though I met him 3 months after he was legally seperated from her, she still thinks I "stole" her man. LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I know you are kidding about [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], but yes you can block friends or de-friend them, I had to make my FB "private" only my accepted friends can view it, because Joe's stalker X-wife was reading my FB and calling him out on crap, even though I met him 3 months after he was legally seperated from her, she still thinks I "stole" her man. LOL
Oooh..that's exactly why facebook has always scared the bejeevus out of me! No ex wives but you just NEVER know!Yeah..was kidding about Bruce...I hope! :ohmy:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
such restraint Kelly! I don't know if I would have been so lady like in that situation!!! But good for you!!! We all know Vegas is beautiful and she apparently has a vision problem!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh the nerve of that &*^%$! Why in the heck would anyone just come out and say such a thing?! I agree with other comments that her opinion doesn't matter anyway!!!!! In my opinion he is insanely handsome, I love Vegas :luv:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Bully for you showing such restraint. Our Bulldogs have always gone to work with us so we've had to put up with "A face only a mother could love", "What a fat, ugly dog" type comments from very ignorant people.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
People are such A-HOLES!!! Apparently, her mom didn't teach her "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" I just don't understand how people just say rude things unprovoked. Now, provoke me ... and it's a different story!!! Good for you [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. You took the higher ground ... even though she deserved a punch in the face!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh you definately did better than I would have. That's a tough call since you work in the same place you have to keep face so to speak. Guess I would have come back with, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've heard people say that before that bullies are ugly, quite the insult when it's something that's close to your heart. But then again, I don't understand people nowadays. Kudos to you again for biting your tongue.

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
You handled it a lot better than I would have!! But one I am a very outspoken person and if you piss me off I will let you know it! :) Not to mention my bullies are my "KIDS" just as much as my skin kids and I would take offense to calling any one of my kids UGLY!!! Good for you though and she is just jealous she don't have the opportunity to experience the love a :bully: can give. I love my bullies:luv::hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The :poo: that comes out of some people's mouths is unbelievable. I'm sorry, but this lady sounds like she's pretty insecure.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online