?separation anxiety??

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Hey there everyone. Poor Chester, my oldest left for college on Long Island last weekend.. and he keeps laying in her room and if I mention her name.. like I said "Do you miss Courntey?" .. he let out one little baby bully "woof" and ran to the back door :cry: And most times he lays in the kitchen (where the back door is), not in the living room like he used to. I feel bad for him, I think he's waiting for her to come home, but he doesn't understand. My poor boy. :missyou:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:*( Poor Chester. I think you need another bully to help cheer him up. ;) Wonder how long this will take for him to adjust?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Awwww poor Chester. Extra treats, and even more cuddles with Bestest and Boss and little sis, That's all that will help.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
That is so sad...he's probably also picking up on your sadness about your daughter leaving so it's time to do something fun together and cheer yourselves up!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He realizes she is gone. Once she comes home and then leaves again he will realize she is fine. Bella went through it when Ian left the house. It is so sad to see them go through this because they just don't understand.

By the way, have you heard from her since Irene has gotten closer to her? Everything will be fine.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Bullie did this on the first day of school! I felt so bad for her. It was really wierd because we've only had her for a month and when we brought her home, she never showed any signs of "missing" her previous mom. She just attached to my 2 kids instantly. She was already following my 2 kids around when we were still at her old home and had no problems jumping into the van when the kids got in the van - it was really one of the reasons why we adopted her even if she was already 3 years old.

But yeah, the first day, Bullie kept going around and around the house seems like she was looking for the kids and can't understand why they're gone. But then they came home from school and Bullie bulldozed both of them over. She was fine ever since.

So, I think Chester's anxiety may last a lot longer than Bullie's because your daughter is gone a longer time. But, I agree with [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] that he should be fine once he realizes she's okay.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.