Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it a bulldog thing or I have just gotten lucky?

Real Name
    Alicia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey and Louie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is it a bulldog thing or I have just gotten lucky?

hahahaaa...and the rest of the nutty bunch, especially Alicias pup! Alicia, if you are around Metro Detroit, we can have a playdate maybe :-)

Would love too, but I am on the other side of the state, 10 mins from lake michigan!!! Yup my babies are crazy!!
    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia M Kouw View Post
    hahahaaa...and the rest of the nutty bunch, especially Alicias pup! Alicia, if you are around Metro Detroit, we can have a playdate maybe :-)

Would love too, but I am on the other side of the state, 10 mins from lake michigan!!! Yup my babies are crazy!!
    lol...too bad, I would have loved to meet them :-(

Wrinkle Wiper
    Likes (Received)

Bullies vary. We have only had two but they were both much more active than OP's bully. It was almost impossible to get a pic of our present boy when he was little unless he was asleep - he was just a blur of motion. If OP's dog seems happy, then I think his placid temperament is a bonus.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lex is every content for the most part, he only likes to cuddle when HE wants to other than that he's very independent! He gets bursts o energy especially after baths and is a mad man running round the house, and when hes that way u better watch out our he'll run ya over! He loves a set schedule and weekends throw him off so bad cause we are night owls lol.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Choas drags and pulls and tugs and jumps and clobbers.....we are definately starting obedience classes as soon as his staples come out
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hulk
    Likes (Received)

Hulk is about 3 months right now. He has a lot more energy than I ever expected. Some days he wants to play for 30 minutes or so, but the other day I swear he went at it for like 6 hours, haha. He does like his nap time and hanging out though. I don't know if I just got the ball of energy bulldog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

oh gosh...so I should not think that all of them are like mine and go get me one more bully...lol

I woke up for Zeus at 7am today, to let him out and keep him company....the turd sat down next to me, grunted a bit, squirmed and went back in his crate to sleep Snoring now!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@zeusmommy get used to it!! Lex will do his chewbacca growl to wake me up on weekends to potty. Then he'll go and sun for a while or he'll come in and crash on the den rug.. When he does that I say ok if u need anything I'll be back in bed napping, he'll come in ever once in a while do a "check in" type thing and go back to den for another snoozer lmao
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Gator is VERY laid back and doesn't like to get up in the morning either. Oh, don't get me wrong, if it is cool in the evenings he will run like a maniac in the yard or play with Gypsy in the house for an hour or so full steam but for the most part, he likes to lounge

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sarah is not much for exercising or anything really. sometimes she will walk with me for like 2 times up and down the street if im lucky. and she does get small bursts of energy sometimes and playes with dallas or duke my bostons but she sleeps alot esp in the am. she will get up eat then potty then snooze lol.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

arrggghhhhhh......I just ate my words I didnt walk Zeus this morning and he was driving me bonkers!!! Couldnt do my work around the house because he was all over the place and I had to have an eye on him We went for a walk and now he is passed out - finally!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Valentine and Dolly
    Likes (Received)

We've had 3 awesome bullies so far!2 were older adoptees so we were able to know a lot about them and chose them based on their mellow demeanor, history of no jumping, great with kids etc.We researched breeders heavily when getting our first bully (OEB) pup and she truly is amazing as the breeder claimed. From the time she came home she was loyal, doesn't jump on people, sits to be pet and fed, stays by my when off leash...AND walks great on a leash considering I never did any training with her.After having a boxer (no offense to boxer lovers)...I think bullies are a good fit for our family...but it can take some serious research and patience...and sometimes luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads