Poor baby Louie

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch ... in the first vet visit did the eye test show a spot ..... if so has it got bigger?

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I hope he is feeling better soon....our Tubs had an eye infection and we had to do drops....that was a two man project! Keep us posted!

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Ouch ... in the first vet visit did the eye test show a spot ..... if so has it got bigger?

No the first vet visit last Friday didn't show anything that is why they treated as a infection...wasn't getting any better over the weekend so I called Monday morning and they got him in yesterday and did the dye test again and this time it showed a big spot on his eye, must have got poked by something...by the size of it I am thinking Zoey got him with one of her nails while wrestling...uggg those two play so rough all the time!!! He is doing better just after three doses though so I am very optomistic!!! He don't like me restraining him to put the drops in but thses ones are much easier to get in, I am guessing because they don't sting like the other one did...thanks everyone.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
So sorry to hear about Baby Louie's eye, I know you must be worried to death about him but by past experience Chaos stuck a stick in his eye last month and it took about 2wks of ointment for his to finally heal and now he is back to normal being a P.I.T.A. went in to the vet today for last recheck and the vet said he was in perfect shape for a bully that is.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ouch! Eye injuries are so painful. I hope he is feeling better soon!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh no...Poor baby Louie. I hope he gets better fast. I know how worried you must be. Eye issues are scarey but if the vet said it is just a minor eye injury then I would count my blessings. Just try to keep him from making it worse. Easier said than done I know! Catching stuff like that early is the key. The drops will help it heal faster.

When I was in high school in PE I got hit in the eye with a tennis ball. OMG I thought my eye was gonna fall right out it hurt so bad. Doc said it was just badly bruised. It turned totally black and blue but eventually it healed. Eyes are pretty tough!:blink:

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Louie's eye is doing much better! He has an appt tomorrow afternoon to recheck it and get his next round of puppy shots....fingers are crossed that he is healing quickly enough that there is no scarring.

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
I am VERY HAPPY to report that at Louie's recheck today for his eye, that the whole on his cornea is all healed up!!:whew: This momma couldn't be happier:excited: He also had his last round of puppy shots this afternoon and in the last month he went for 13.6 pounds to a whopping 22.5 pounds!! Vet says he don't look like he would weigh that much but after picking him up she could tell, but he is ALL muscle already and he isn't even 4 months old yet!!! We have a big boy on our hands!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.