Poor baby Louie

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Yesterday afternoon I noticed he was squinting after he woke up from his naps...but after being fro a couple mins he would be fine, as the day went on it took longer for him to reopen it, by nine last night he wouldn't open it and it was red a swollen:scared:I started freaking out that it was cherry eye, so we went to bed and he cuddled right next to my all night:luv:loved it but that is so not him he is not a big cuddler had a rough night didn't sleep well.

Got up at 8 so I could call the vet right away and get him in asap....had to be there at 10, they checked to see if he had scratched it nothing, not cherry eye either they think that he just bumped it really had and that is why it is so irritated and swollen...so he is on drops three times a day for the next week now :( poor baby just sleeps so he don't have to open his eye wish I could do more for him....Wish my luck on getting these drops in his eye he hates it and is such a wiggle butt!!:lol: Will keeep you all posted as to how he is doing

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Awww... hope he gets well soon!!! I worry about Arwen bumping into stuff... she always is running into stuff with her head... it doesn't phase her, so i doubt she'll stop hitting stuff. Does Louie do that too? Just wondering, cause I may have to deal with this in the future. :)

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Awww... hope he gets well soon!!! I worry about Arwen bumping into stuff... she always is running into stuff with her head... it doesn't phase her, so i doubt she'll stop hitting stuff. Does Louie do that too? Just wondering, cause I may have to deal with this in the future. :)

No he just plays quite rough with Zoey, our 1yr old bully:cursing: and he is always running under the pine trees and bushes like a crazy dog :lol:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy hope he feels better soon.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Please keep us posted on his progress.... poor baby :(

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
poor baby Louie, but not maybe Zoey will be able to relax without getting jumped by her little brother all the time!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Awww...Louie! I sure hope his eye is better soon. That sure can't feel good :(.

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Thank you all for the well wishes for my baby...we started the drops not much improvement yet :( Still very puffy and red and I don't think the drops feel very good :( My vet is open for a few hours tomorrow so if it is still not looking better I am going to call and see what they say....he is being alot more active and opening it a bit more than earlier...you are all so kind and caring so glad I found this site...will updated again..nite everyone

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Quick update...Louie's eye is doing better not 100% but better than itwas plus he is alot more active and playing :) :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad it's better, sometimes it just takes giving the medicine a chance to work.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so happy he is better. hopefully he will be 100% in no time.

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Here is an updated on my Baby Louie....I called the vet today cause it just doesn't seem to be getting better...one minute it looks good and then all of a sudden it's bright red and swollen and he won't keep it open...the vet said to stop the drops and bring him in tomorrow to recheck his eye...:( I have to admit I am concerned and a bit of a worry wart so mind always goes to worst case all the time...prayers that they can figure out what is up and get it taken care of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone...I will update later tomorrow night on what we find out as I don't go in til 4:30 and then I have open house for my boys at school tomorrow night...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...you must be a wreck! I am sorry it isn't improving :(. Keep us posted.

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
SO, we went to the vet this afternoon and they did the eye stain test again and this time it showed a BIG spot on his eye:eek::eek:, so now he is on TWO different drops! She is treating it aggressively since it s big spot and because of the breed being notorious for not healing quickly, to avoid scaring!!! POOR Louie, I feel so bad for him :cry: he goes back Tuesday afternoon to have it rechecked and get his next round of puppy shots!! I sure hope that he heals quickly without anymore complications!! :pray::pray: he gets some relief and this medicine heals him quickly!! Thanks all for you concern for my baby Louie!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.