Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor baby Louie

Real Name
    Alicia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey and Louie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poor baby Louie

Here is an updated on my Baby Louie....I called the vet today cause it just doesn't seem to be getting better...one minute it looks good and then all of a sudden it's bright red and swollen and he won't keep it open...the vet said to stop the drops and bring him in tomorrow to recheck his eye... I have to admit I am concerned and a bit of a worry wart so mind always goes to worst case all the time...prayers that they can figure out what is up and get it taken care of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone...I will update later tomorrow night on what we find out as I don't go in til 4:30 and then I have open house for my boys at school tomorrow night...
    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!"

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, gosh...you must be a wreck! I am sorry it isn't improving . Keep us posted.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey and Louie
    Likes (Received)

SO, we went to the vet this afternoon and they did the eye stain test again and this time it showed a BIG spot on his eye, so now he is on TWO different drops! She is treating it aggressively since it s big spot and because of the breed being notorious for not healing quickly, to avoid scaring!!! POOR Louie, I feel so bad for him he goes back Tuesday afternoon to have it rechecked and get his next round of puppy shots!! I sure hope that he heals quickly without anymore complications!! he gets some relief and this medicine heals him quickly!! Thanks all for you concern for my baby Louie!!
    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!"

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Ouch ... in the first vet visit did the eye test show a spot ..... if so has it got bigger?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

I hope he is feeling better soon....our Tubs had an eye infection and we had to do drops....that was a two man project! Keep us posted!

Real Name
    Alicia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey and Louie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Ouch ... in the first vet visit did the eye test show a spot ..... if so has it got bigger?
    No the first vet visit last Friday didn't show anything that is why they treated as a infection...wasn't getting any better over the weekend so I called Monday morning and they got him in yesterday and did the dye test again and this time it showed a big spot on his eye, must have got poked by something...by the size of it I am thinking Zoey got him with one of her nails while wrestling...uggg those two play so rough all the time!!! He is doing better just after three doses though so I am very optomistic!!! He don't like me restraining him to put the drops in but thses ones are much easier to get in, I am guessing because they don't sting like the other one did...thanks everyone.

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear about Baby Louie's eye, I know you must be worried to death about him but by past experience Chaos stuck a stick in his eye last month and it took about 2wks of ointment for his to finally heal and now he is back to normal being a P.I.T.A. went in to the vet today for last recheck and the vet said he was in perfect shape for a bully that is.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Poor guy! Hope he gets Bette really soon too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

ohhhhh, poor baby!!!! Hope he gets off meds very very soon!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ouch! Eye injuries are so painful. I hope he is feeling better soon!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Oh no...Poor baby Louie. I hope he gets better fast. I know how worried you must be. Eye issues are scarey but if the vet said it is just a minor eye injury then I would count my blessings. Just try to keep him from making it worse. Easier said than done I know! Catching stuff like that early is the key. The drops will help it heal faster.

When I was in high school in PE I got hit in the eye with a tennis ball. OMG I thought my eye was gonna fall right out it hurt so bad. Doc said it was just badly bruised. It turned totally black and blue but eventually it healed. Eyes are pretty tough!

Real Name
    Alicia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey and Louie
    Likes (Received)

Louie's eye is doing much better! He has an appt tomorrow afternoon to recheck it and get his next round of puppy shots....fingers are crossed that he is healing quickly enough that there is no scarring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads