Wondering if this is normal

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Been noticing that Stig's been extra clingy lately. He's been wanting more butt rubs and cuddles more often. Is this normal behaviour as they get older? He's eating and pooping well.

Because the weather's nicer, he's going to daycare more plus we walk regularly now. His stamina seems to have increased when playing with his jolly egg. He found his old toys interesting again and started playing with them.

I smile at all these changes and hoping that everything's a sign that he's happier. Or maybe just glad that the scorching hot weather is finally over. :)

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
To me, it sounds like Stig is a very happy bulldog who loves his owner very much. As long as he is eating well, sleeping well, poops/pees are good, I would not worry about him. I believe he is bonding to you more b/c he feels closer to you. That's my take on it!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Are you pregnant? :lmao: Thats what Cutty did with both pregnancies. I would say he is obviously happy and loves you! :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I would say yes that is normal behavior for a bully that is getting older and more mature. I found just like with any breed the older Samson got the more low key he became. So instead of running around acting like a crazy puppy he was wanting to spend more time laying on the couch cuddling with his mommy and daddy. They also become more and more attached to us over time too of course so I can imagine thats part of it as well, him showing you how much he loves you :) Or you are pregnant like Cali~Jenn said LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like he's a happy guy, and just sharing the love.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator and Gypsy started doing this after I switched to feeding raw, believe it or not. They have become velcro dogs. lol. Maybe it made me more of the pack leader in their eyes? Who knows but I have to say that he sounds like a very happy boy!!! I really wish I could meet him in person. There are so many bullies here I would just love to smoosh!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online