cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wishing you the best. I've been watching the Irene updates on the news here and she looks quite ferocious. Be safe and calm and let us know how things go!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We have been watching the weather channel for a couple of hours about this...seems it is a category one BUT it is so big that it will last so long and there could be lots of damage. We have been through a few. I hope everyone stays safe!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
We just started getting a light steady rain for about the last 2 hours coupled with a light breeze. It have been downgraded to a Cat. 1, but how it is going to hit us looks pretty bad. They say the eye is not the problem, but the rings around the eye that span out 10 from the eye. That is what it looks like we are going to get hit with....anywho......we are all hunkered down and as ready as we can be...at this point it is what it is. I have been taking pictures and videos of the process that I am in the process of uploading to my computer. I will post periodically as this thing gets going! Thanks for all of the prayers and mine go out to everyone else in the path of this!:pray:

Tubs has been pretty good so far. He was getting all wound up last night, but that may have been because we were all running around trying to get things together. Right now he is sound a sleep....I will make sure I post pictures of Tubs as Irene comes along, but there may be a lot of pictures of a sleeping bully :luv:.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
i'm sooo worried about Brooklyn. my boyfriend and I will be at work tomorrow (we work for a valet parking company and they aren't closing...:confused:) when Irene is supposed to hit here (CT).

and btw [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] in the last year we've had tornados, an earthquake, of course snow, and now a hurricane so don't think we have it so easy on the east coast!

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
We live in Mass. ,so we are gettin hit right after you guys, expected Sunday around 8am or so. Everyone was at the store buyin water ,batteries and such. Me, I was at the licquior store buying beer and wine.If Im gonna be stuck in my house with no electric with my husband unable to put in his sports picks for fantasy baseball and pain in the butt 15yr old ,me and MooShi will need a drink LOL. Stay safe everyone!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
i'm sooo worried about Brooklyn. my boyfriend and I will be at work tomorrow (we work for a valet parking company and they aren't closing...:confused:) when Irene is supposed to hit here (CT).

and btw @BruceP in the last year we've had tornados, an earthquake, of course snow, and now a hurricane so don't think we have it so easy on the east coast!

You are right about the weather....the West Coast was ragging on us about the 5.8 earthquake, but what would happen if we sent a Nor'Easter their way!!!! ;) and like you said....Tornados..which we are getting with Irene too....and the snow. I out of all of this I don't mind the snow at all!!!! :D

I hope you guys close and stay safe. We are in a state of emergency and everything needs to be closed down by 1:00 here. A lot of places were even closed yesterday.......Crazy stuff...keeps life exciting!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
We live in Mass. ,so we are gettin hit right after you guys, expected Sunday around 8am or so. Everyone was at the store buyin water ,batteries and such. Me, I was at the licquior store buying beer and wine.If Im gonna be stuck in my house with no electric with my husband unable to put in his sports picks for fantasy baseball and pain in the butt 15yr old ,me and MooShi will need a drink LOL. Stay safe everyone!

Our friends around the corner did the same thing! They even invited us over to hang out, but my husband is actually working until 1:00. We have some liquor in the cabinet and a bottle of Champagne from our wedding that took place on the Disney Cruise Ship....my husband wanted to pop it and toast Irene! I am looking forward to not having sports for a little while though! :)

Members online

No members online now.