cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Has anyone ever stayed in a hotel or motel with their bully(s)? What was that like, if you have? I'm thinking of a mini road trip with the two little ones 'cuz i'm gonna be on vacation :lol: next week. I get a whole 10 days off!

So, thinking of going to the beach and staying 1 night there. Looking into it, most of the pet friendly hotels charge an extra 20-25 bucks a dog per night (!). Is that reasonable? hmmm...anyways, just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or experiences.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have never stayed with our boys but I do know the residence inn by marriot does offer dogs to stay there. Do not know the details of it whatsoever. hubby gets put in that hotel for work when he is away at school so thats why I know.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yes, it is very reasonable. La Quinta has good rates for dogs and some of them are actually nice (some, are not). There is a great site where you can search and they post reviews as well. You can search by deposit, etc. as well.
Pet Friendly Hotels - Official Pet Hotelsou are going to have a BLAST!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes we have and 25 is reasonable I have even payed 50 at some Best Westerns. Have fun on your vac and glad you are taking the bullies, they will have fun and take plenty of pics.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
The Jameison in Louisville adds $15 to your room rate for a dog. We were there two nights with HRH... She slept with us which she doesn't do at home... I think we were security for her being in a strange place. In Indianapolis the Studio 6 didn't charge anything extra for HRH. She slept with us there too.. lol.
SHe is not a happy traveler so we left her home last time we went out of town.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
When we drove to and from Iowa over Christmas, we were very happy staying at La Quinta, most which are pet friendly. All the ones we stayed at were nice with pet areas outside. Frank wasn't the best about the hotel room, he seemed to think everything was going to kill him. I think it was probably all the weird smells. He was pretty restless for the most part.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
We just had a trip to the coast with Bubbles and she had a great time. We are in California and went to Cambria, we even found dog friendly restaurants. Do you homework before you go and you will have a great time.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks a lot for all the advice. I'm checking out a couple Best Westerns, one in Laguna Beach and the other in San Clemente, as well as a La Quinta Inn a little more inland but still not too far from the beach. The nice thing is, I'll be going after Labor Day so the rates are a little lower :D.

This will be our first overnight trip together as a family!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.