Big Brave OCD Vegas!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Living in Florida we are getting quite a nice breeze this evening due to the hurricane. I took Vegas out to potty and he noticed across the pond our neighbors Palm tree was blowing and kind of bent, he stoped everything he was doing to stand and start barking, with the hair actually raised on his back!! As you can see the Palm is blowing in the wind. He knew this was not "NORMAL" behavior for this tree and focused right in on it.

wind006.jpg

wind007.jpg

After his ferocious OCD moment, he stopped barking and literally drug me back into the house, only to sit by the back sliders and stare and continue to bark! (really being brave behind the closed door)

wind005.jpg

I opened the door to take pictures of the blowing Palm and he would not even come out with me, yet continues to bark, under his breath, like he is coughing and his lips are blowing out, yet very low.

This is him being all big and brave, yet won't come out on the Lanie.

wind008.jpg

He is sooo happy Mommy is back inside and all is safe, due to his bravery!!

wind009.jpg

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh god, please excuse the film on the slider door, another one of his OCD habits, he sits and licks the back door!! I have to actually take a scrubby and scrub the film. Windex and paper towels just slide right over it!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...what a brave boy. lol. Oh, and I have that film all over the place...from noses and tongues. lmbo

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
WOW, I thought Jack was the only one with OCD habits, he goes off if anything, I mean anything is out of place. He try's to tear down the fence to get at a plastic bag a block away blowing around. My husband say's what the heck is he barking at now? My husband literally goes out, down the street or wherever the "beast" of something out of place may be, and removes it from Jack's view, usually in the trash can. I yi yi. So there's another one huh? :lmao:
I know what you speak of also when it comes to scrubbing off window's on doors and windows behind the sofa. :laugh:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], Nope he notices anything out of place and will bark. If I mop and leave the mop leaning against the wall while the kitchen drys he is non-stop barking. Holidays with decorations about put him over the edge for the first day. My husband will do the same thing and try to remove what is making him bark. This is really the only time he does bark, so when he does I know something is definately out of place for him.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Sherry , Nope he notices anything out of place and will bark. If I mop and leave the mop leaning against the wall while the kitchen drys he is non-stop barking. Holidays with decorations about put him over the edge for the first day. My husband will do the same thing and try to remove what is making him bark. This is really the only time he does bark, so when he does I know something is definately out of place for him.

100% understood :laugh:

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Bully's are VERY VERY OCD. It can be funny to watch what sets them off but its downright annoying too. Me , when Pepper goes off on an OCD fit I distract her from what she is having ISSUE with. Sometimes its nothing more that waving my hand in front of her face or snapping my fingers. It disrupts her train of thought that has her focused so intently on some really mundane thing like yeah A broom against the wall or a glass coaster not in its proper spot on the coffee table otherwise going around Correcting every little thing that sets her off would take up so much time and really its not my job to make it all correct anyway,.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy is the same way, anything out of place and he starts barking at it. Plastic bags outside in the yard and he goes nuts, it's too funny. OH and @KMARINO just love the pics of Vegas, he's too cute.

Last edited:

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
David,
I,m still talking to them folks about waht we discussed. Will let you know soon as I decide

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Good job Vegas!! So brave and such a good boy for protecting your Mommy from the bad palm tree! Ha ha ha, Frank does the same thing with anything that is different.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], Nope he notices anything out of place and will bark. If I mop and leave the mop leaning against the wall while the kitchen drys he is non-stop barking. Holidays with decorations about put him over the edge for the first day. My husband will do the same thing and try to remove what is making him bark. This is really the only time he does bark, so when he does I know something is definately out of place for him.

Must be a bully thing. Ruckus is the same way. You should hear him on recycling days when the bins are at the curb, or when I'm bringing bags of groceries in!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Funny, mine don't really do that! They just kind of go with the flow. But if a dog is on tv, the doorbell rings, or there is some other noise or squirrel outside the window, Gypsy goes nuts! Like she thinks she is a watch dog or something. lol

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think we could use the dog therapist. Jack gets so focused on what ever is out of place, it's scary. Let the slobber fly!

:scared:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.