HELP, Louie wont stop biting....

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Grrrrr, he is such a BULLY ever since we got him a month ago he has an obsession with biting Zoey :( it is getting bad she has a bad one her cheek now :( poor baby girl....any suggestions on how to get him to stop this....:perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed:

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
How old is Louie? And is zoey ur fur or skin baby? Haha I ask because violet when she was real lil would attack my skin kids feet someone on here suggested having her hand feed violet it helped alot. I'm sorry I don't have any help with a fur baby :/

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Susan McGivney

Jul 8, 2011
Dutchess County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I've had my Lily for a month now and she wont stop biting my son. Today I made a metal coffe can with coins in it. I shake it hard when she does something wrong. So far it has made her stop what she is doing. She Peed in the house again so she is in her crate for awhile. I don't get how they can hold it all night but can wait one hour during the day. Ugh..

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I've had my Lily for a month now and she wont stop biting my son. Today I made a metal coffe can with coins in it. I shake it hard when she does something wrong. So far it has made her stop what she is doing. She Peed in the house again so she is in her crate for awhile. I don't get how they can hold it all night but can wait one hour during the day. Ugh..

Hi know huh today violet was in the kitchen with me instead of giving a scratch at the door she looked at me and peed errr

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Louie is 3 months old and miss Zoey is almost a year old ( she is a fur baby not a kid, lol)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Grrrrr, he is such a BULLY ever since we got him a month ago he has an obsession with biting Zoey :( it is getting bad she has a bad one her cheek now :( poor baby girl....any suggestions on how to get him to stop this....:perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed::perturbed:

no help since I am facing the same problem with Sebastian and Oliver. Sebastian likes to grab on Oliver's ears and leaves sores on them, but Oliver gives just as much by grabbing Sebastian's face folds and Sebastain has two big patches that are finally scab free. My boys are 8 months, so maybe it's just an age thing and they don't realize how rough they are playing. Does he do it while playing, or is he seriously mad and fighting with Zoey?

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
no help since I am facing the same problem with Sebastian and Oliver. Sebastian likes to grab on Oliver's ears and leaves sores on them, but Oliver gives just as much by grabbing Sebastian's face folds and Sebastain has two big patches that are finally scab free. My boys are 8 months, so maybe it's just an age thing and they don't realize how rough they are playing. Does he do it while playing, or is he seriously mad and fighting with Zoey?
he does just to do it, she can be napping or just lounging and here he comes to bite her, she does retaliate sometimes which scares me cause she can fit his whole head in her mouth:shout:.....

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Zoey will get fed up with Louie's biting and teach him how to treat her, that she is not his chew toy! Does he have plenty of toys to chew? When you see him bite her say "NO BITE" while you pull him away from her by his neck wrinkles. They give him a NYLABONE or other acceptable chew toy to chew on.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Zoey will get fed up with Louie's biting and teach him how to treat her, that she is not his chew toy! Does he have plenty of toys to chew? When you see him bite her say "NO BITE" while you pull him away from her by his neck wrinkles. They give him a NYLABONE or other acceptable chew toy to chew on.

My thoughts exactly. Gypsy used to do this to our old girl Lucy who is the most laid back dog I have ever met. Lucy let her for a while and then turned around one day and growled, snapped, and showed her teeth. That put an end to that! Most adult dogs will tolerate a puppy until they get to a certain age, then they will put them in their place. Also, it probably doesn't hurt your older one as much as you might think. That skin of theirs is very thick and they just don't feel it as much as say, we, would.

Oh, and coins in a can never hurt anyone! lol

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
My daughters new pup is in the habit of using Peppers lips and ears as chew toys. The pup is 10 weeks old and has them needle sharp baby teeth that leave little punctures that bleed a bit. Thing is with pups its just a common thing, If there is an older dog then they tend to use them this way. The older dog will set limits as to how much of it they will tolerate. Bullys are tough and they don't show pain hardly at all.more times than not the older dog will show the pup its role . Ever notice the older bully holding the pups head in its mouth? Thats a way older dogs calm and restrain pups.
The biting can get out of hand though. I try to let the pup play with Pepper for a bit they really care for each other but the pup is so puppyish and he goes overboard on the biting so I am using a few things to gradually get him off this behavior. Most times it will stop as they grow but I am nipping it in the bud beforehand as he is being trained as a service dog and I don't want this behavior.
So what I do is I have a few toys,(tug rope,Ball) that are MY toys that belong to neither dog and when I let them play together they play with my rope as long as they play nice they get to play with them. What that does is get them playing together and not wrestling and chewing eachother.
If need be I pull the pup away and lay him on his side , hand on chest and put him in a TIME OUT.
Also I try to find other activities that they can do together like walking them both at the same time. That helps form a bond and plus they aren't using eachother as chew toys.
Its frustrating but you just have to have patience not let it stress you and find other things for them to do, especially the younger one

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
The can trick should be used as a last resort as it does not work long on bully's . its best to find another way arounfd the problem than using THE CAN. I reserve THE CAN for agression issues with other dogs.
You ever note how when you shake that can the dog litterally drops to the ground?
Its use is pretty much a negative training aide than it is a positive motivator and I feel that because of that I only use it for the most drastic behavior I want to change. Overuse of that Can may have terrible results. I know a guy that used a can everytime his pup did something he did not like for instance barking. He would shake that can right in its face as well as using a spray bottle of water. Told him not to use them but he felt he knew better. He basically ruined a smart dog that had he taken the time and used positive training motivation would have been a great compaignion. Now he is trying to find it a new home and no one will take it because of it behavior. Sad

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online