Bulldog bloat???

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Ok so I noticed Bear had a huge belly the other day, tight and he had gas. The only thing different he had was a different brand of pig ear and a whole hotdog he stole from my son. I really think the new pig ears (Petco brand) have done this to him. I gave him one yesterday and twwwaaaahla a fat belly today. Am I right to think this is the reason OR could it be something else. Since this is my first bully I must defer to the experts. The pics don't really show the fattness we see in person but I have a before photo (I am camera ready at all times).

The third photo was 7/23, the others just a few minutes ago. Had to throw in a pic of him jumping at me because i was trying to take a photo and his sneak beagle attack :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF0147.jpg
    DSCF0147.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF0148.jpg
    DSCF0148.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF0144.jpg
    DSCF0144.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0145.jpg
    DSCF0145.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 116

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I am not sure about bloat, but I know that puppies with very round bellies could have worms. Their bellies look distended and bloated. I do not know if this causes and of the gas you are describing tho.

I would suggest not giving any pig ears (hopefully always supervised- they can get greedy and choke) for a week and see if it continues.

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
The first time I seen his belly like that was a week ago when I gave him the new brand of pig ear. I thought it could have also been the hot dog he stole. So I tried another pig ear yesterday and the same thing happened. His last vet visit he was cleared for worms. If he gets the belly again without having a pig ear I'll take him back in.

And yes always supervised :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree, if it is from the pigs ears then the only way to know is stop and make sure. That 4th pic is adorable also by the way. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online