Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

Well...here they are last night. I don't know how to take this.
Is he trying to bully her or parent her?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That video of O snoring is just so sweet. I just wanted to go and snuggle her! I am sure she is getting tons of good snuggles from mom and dad. Vegas seemed like he wasn't sure about what was going on. Do you think he was just checking her out to see if she would play? She is such a pretty little girl. When will she go to have her foot re-checked? It looks like she can put a bit of weight on it which is probably a good sign. I also hope it doesn't make her afraid of other dogs. That would be a shame! She is too precious not to share her beauty with others :). Like [MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] said, I would wear that shirt like a badge of honor. You deserve a big pat on the back for acting so quickly and working so hard to keep her and Vegas safe in future.

Oh, goodness. Sounds like the was scared to ask or embarrassed that her dog would behave that way. At least I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt about that. You are being a lot nicer than I would be. lol. I give you props for that. At least she is willing (it seems anyway) to help get the fence in order so that this cannot happen again. I hope the man of the house comes home and does what he can to help make things right (at least as much as he can). Maybe you can help THEM by suggesting a few good behaviorists in the area? They might actually really need help with the dog but just don't know how to go about it. GSD are very smart dogs and can be trained fairly easily. Could it be that part of it is that the pack leader is away and so the GS thinks he is the pack leader at this time? Might be a good case for Ceasar Milan lol.

At any rate, I think you are holding up really well. I believe I would be in pieces! *hugs* to you for the stressful two days.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She goes back on Monday to have her bandage changed. Then back in 14 days to have the sutures removed.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Get well fast Orion. You gotta keep Vegas in line!

4caff1b1-2014-28a7.jpg

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION]

That is real cute!

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]

Probably not. The only thing they said was not to let her bandage get wet.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
She is sooooo precious snoring away like that!!! And Vegas man ... maybe he just doesn't know what to make of her so calm??

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I hope that all is well. The phrase "time heals all" is not exactly true. Scars that can be seen fade away. The memory doesn't.
But saving the memory without emotion is the best to hope for.
Good Day~
Dr. Holiday. Dog and people psychologist. Opinions are FREE, Advice is questionable.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I am so ticked off. The vet bills just keep adding up. When O woke up this morning..I noticed a slight favor in her leg. Almost a limp, then it was gone. She's one tough cookie, so I called the vet and asked to come in today. We are a day early to get the stitches out, but I just had a feeling. So, they removed the bandage and the stitches..but the Doc came in and said "It looks bad". Apparently, Miss O has sweaty bulldog legs and paws and she is now back on pain meds and antibiotics. She has some sort of infection going on (the bite sites look good) up and down her leg and between her toes and I'm just about in tears over it.

She now has a ointment that needs to be applied..and she gets to wear a sock if she continues to lick it. I feel horrible. It must itch like crazy.

:cry::*(:*(:cry:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh dear..poor baby...but don't beat yourself up about this...just being covered..which it must be..can cause this sort of problem. The antibiotics will take hold and in a few days the redness will be clearing..the important part is the initial bite mark is healing well..a secondary problem is very common..it would be so much better if it could be open for air and to get her circulation going...maybe when you are home and can watch her. It looks very itchy..but that will be much better in a day or bit more. Good thing you took her early..good job mom!! We do the best we can..and your best is fantastic! Beautiful O will be back to herself before you know it! :hug:

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She was licking at it non-stop, so the staff took her back into the back area and reapplied another bandage JUST until we got home. I then ran over to my neighbors house and got a couple of their kids socks. It was caused from being wrapped up and they do want it open to the air. I waited until she passed out, then I removed her sock. She didn't even wake up. Hopefully she will leave it alone tomorrow, since she will be in her kennel until I get off work. This is the worse time for my mom in law to be on vacation!

Brandy

Aug 20, 2011
Sierra Vista, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Liberty Belle, Kash, and Layla
You might check with your neighbor and see if their house insurance will cover this. Many insurance company's do.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe you can put bitter tasting spray on it to discourage licking..dogs lick..and dang it..even a bully can reach their feet!!bet vet might have something..just for while you are away..then can be open when you are home!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=3055]Brandy[/MENTION]

They are renters. They were renting from the previous owners, but the previous owner was pocketing the money and then the bank foreclosed on it. The house went to auction, but I don't know what happened from there. They did tell us that they signed a year lease with the bank. So I do have the option of going to the bank..or renters insurance. Also the town has a "no tolerance" clause. So...I have options. I'm just a weinie and haven't figured out how to play them out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.