I am so p*ssed off!!!!

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
What a stressful thing to have to go through! I can't imagine the pain and frustration. I hope Orion gets back to her old self soon, and I hope you all can reach some kind of settlement with the neighbors. I think they should MOST DEFINITELY be responsible for paying the vet bills, if nothing else! Good luck & best wishes

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wow thanks for really feeling us in. I had no idea you were holding Orion at the time. You're lucky the the Shepard wasn't able get through the fence - you could have been bit too. I agree that you should formally file a complaint regardless if they pay your vet bill. Next time it may be worse! I work for a law firm and although I'm not an attorney a formal complaint needs to be filed under those circumstances, with the city and animal control. You shouldn't have to live for a year having to check if your neighbor's dog is out before you can take yours out. I'm really surprised your neighbor hasn't checked in to see if Orion is ok since she saw it happen-WOW! Here's a :hug: for Orion and you.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Grrr! It's owners like your neighbors that give dogs a bad name. That GS is obviously not taught manners. Yes, GS is a protective species, but they're smart dogs. They can tell friend from foe if they are taught the difference! Those neighbors of yours shouldn't be owning dogs... I won't even trust a froo-froo bichon in their care.

Big hugs to Orion... and show him this:
2144554y63zcyee8g.png

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Who's responsibility is it to maintain the fence? Can't you just replace the bad boards or has there been erosion under the original fence? Guess I just don't understand why it can't be fixed.

Look up at the pics she posted, it isnt eroded or anything just wasnt built attached to the back part of the fence. I think maybe she just didnt have a vision of how to fix it mostly?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I just saw this. OMG...I am so glad that O will be ok. Did you take lots of pictures of her injuries? I would ASAP before they start to really heal. What a stressful time for the whole family! I can't believe that the neighbors haven't come to check on her and make sure all was well.

I would be LIVID as well and probably want to kick their a**es, but emotions aside, there IS a way to fix that fence...just get some long screws and screw in a fence plank or call a fencing company to come out and fix it. Is it your fence or theirs? If it is yours, you will be responsible for fixing it. If it is theirs, it will be their responsibility. I don't know if you can sue them but you can certainly file a formal complaint against them. The problem is, that if that GS is deemed "vicious" then if it is taken from them it might be PTS without any attempt at rehabilitation, which is only hurting the GS as well. So you have to decide if you are willing to take it to that level or not. I would also think (keep in mind, I am not an attorney either!) that if it is your fence, they may not even be responsible for the vet bill, though if it is their fence, it is possible that they could be held responsible because they did not maintain the fence or fix it when there was a clear issue shown at the beginning.

At any rate, please give her big huge kisses from us and *hugs* to you, your hubby and Vegas. I hope she heals VERY soon that poor sweetie!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Miss O, glad she is home and doing OK. Big hugs to her and you. Good luck trying to get the neighbor to pay, sounds like they could care less, sense they have not checked on Miss O. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Well that whole situation just Sucks!!! Hope your poor baby feels better soon.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When we moved in, there was no fence. We paid for 1/2 and my neighbor built it. He did build it with the hardware on our side, so I guess that means it's our fence. Mark is getting materials to fix it properly. I don't want to sue them nor to I want the GS taken from them. All I want is for them to do something on their side to help control their dogs. I'd like for her to ask about Orion. And, I'd like for her to offer to pay the vet bill. But, she is probably shaking in her boots right now. Originally, the man moved in first. He met her and moved her, her son, and her dogs up from Texas a year later.

Orion has been sleeping all day long. She is as sweet as can be. I let her bake in the sun while I swept the patio off. She was a happy girl. Here is a photo and a 45 second video of her snoring. :heart:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I know this is from a previous day, and I along with others are waiting for any update.
That is horrible that a neighbors dog would be so bad as to do that.
We love our Bullies so MUCH that we are broken when anything happens to them.

AS for the shirt, wear this as a badge of honor, you are the PROTECTOR and the SAVIOR of Orion.
And Kick and sue your neighbors @~s~s

Good Day~

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]....damn nothing lady like with that kind of snoring!!! sounds very familiar.....as I wake my own self up doing the same thing!!!! I am so glad she is comfortable, and yes, the only thing I would want is a kindly neighbor asking is she was OK and saying I would like to pay the vet bill!!!!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION]

This is actually from today...and for the current update. She finally asked how Orion was. But my husband initiated the conversation. She has yet to offer with the bill. When Bear gets home (our neighbor) I'm sure he will make it right. She admitted that she was freaked out and she asked her son if he thought Orion was okay. She checked the GS mouth and didn't see blood...but I still think it was the female who had her. Mark is outside reworking the fence and she did offer to go and buy whatever materials were needed. Mark asked if she would just do her part in trying to fix their side. Bear is military and will be back soon.

I really appreciate all the well wishes from you guys. I will keep you updated on any other drama that happens on this matter.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:ROFL: omg on the snoring, she's loud! :ROFL: Is the GS up to date on his shots? Glad she offered to help with the fence, it would have been nice though had she checked on your guys earlier. Guess she didn't know what to and paniked?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for the pic and video, so glad she is resting and will be well soon. :hug:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So sorry about what happened. Good to see that O's doing well and snoring how a bully should.

I'm hoping that your neighbour just didn't know how to approach you and was waiting for you to make the first move. Not what all of us here would've done, but that's people for you. Crossing my fingers that Bear will be more respectful and offer to pay at least part of the bill.

Curious, how's Vegas handling the situation? Is he being a good bro and leaving her alone? :)

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Ohh Orion we are so sorry to hear about your emergency last nite hope tonite you are resting well. You always try to steal all the attention away from your brother Vegas dont you?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.