I am so p*ssed off!!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thinking of you both ......... :hug:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I just saw the youtube video from FB, poor Orion. :( Glad she's going to be ok. Is the neighbor's dog normally aggressive? Poor thing.

Can't say I'd shoot the dog but I would get the hole in the fence fixed asap and I'd be having a talk with the owner. I'm just glad she's going to be ok.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

I just got on here and found this thread, damn, I don't really like my neighbor much to begin with. (expletives) :cursing:
But this would take it over the top.
I hope you both heal quickly, inside and out. :pray:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Have you called your attorney yet?.... I'd be so po'd!!! Grrrr!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Omg. Poor baby O!!! I can't even believe it!!! Hope she heals up quick and is back to herself in no time. And poor Mommy. You must be so happy that she is home. Lots of love and bully kisses from Chunk and I!!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Cheryl I am so sorry about Baby O. Prayers to you guys.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Last night, Orion fought off the medication that was given to her during the suturing. When they handed her over to me, she was heavily sedated. Once at home, she refused to lay down. She stood until 11:30pm. I was exhausted, so I put her in her kennel. I laid on the couch listening to her for awhile. To me, it sounded as if she finally went to sleep. (We cover her kennel in a blanket at night..don't know why, but we always have) I woke up about 4:30 and I could hear that her breathing had changed. I assumed she was awake, but I just listened. Her loud breathing snore slowly turned into a whimper with each exhale. So I peeked in her kennel and saw that she was sitting upright. I let her out and took her outside. She has to wear this plastic covering over her bandage (it's an iv bag cut in half with gauze strip to tie around her leg) She went pee and came back in. She was not happy about her new boot. Our grass was soaked, so it's a good thing I put it on her. If she gets it wet...we have to go in for a change.. Wet bandage can cause infection. The meds they gave her last night seemed to have finally wore off, so Orion ate her dinner at 4:30 this morning. She ate with gusto. Last night I couldn't even get her to open her mouth. Her daddy got up for work and came downstairs to snuggle with her. After he left, she crawled into my arms and she finally slept. Vegas was upstairs (baby gate at the top so he won't try the stairs on his own) and started to bark at 8:30. So..everyone got up, went pee...and ate. Now it's 9:30 and both the babies are taking a nap.
To go over what happened again last night. Last winter, we had problems with our neighbors. They would leave their German Shepherd outside 24/7. My husband would get up for work and go outside to start his truck and the GS would start barking at him. That would wake the rest of the house up, including the fur-kids. This was every day. Vegas and Orion started running to the fence and they would start to bark back. Once that started, Vegas and O were only allowed outside to go to the bathroom...and always on a leash. This lasted about 5 months. One Saturday afternoon...I was mowing the backyard. The GS was outside jumping on the fence each time I passed. I was done. I lost my temper and finally yelled at the lady. I let her know how irritating her dog was and I was about to file a complaint with the city. She yelled right back at me and let me know that my dogs were just as bad and they barked all day long also. (Hmmmm? really? Since Vegas and Orion are inside and kenneled while we are at work AND are not allowed outside unsupervised I wonder how this is possible) These guys were renters and they were making it impossible for us as owners to enjoy our backyard. The actual owners of the property were going thru a divorce and I discovered that the house was going to auction on April 1st 2011.
(This is a photo of how our fence was before the renters moved in)

This was our attempt to patch it when their dogs started poking their heads into our yard.

This was so our dogs would be protected at their level. Just recently, Orion has taken to jumping up towards the top of the plywood.

As time passed..we started working together as neighbors. She started kenneling her dogs inside while they were gone (someone else complained to the city) And if her dogs were out..I'd make sure to keep mine in. One time, hers were out and I popped my head out to check to see if her were. She told me "hold on a sec and I'll get them inside".
Last night Mark and I were on the side of the house trying to catch and rehome a tree frog that was living (and pooping) in our storage bin for our lawn furniture cushions. We had just finished putting everything away when her GS started barking. That sent Vegas and Orion to the end of the fence barking. If she had checked to see if we were out, she wouldn't have seen us.
I started running to the end of the yard while Mark ran inside to grab their leashes. I had left 2 saw horses in the 3 foot drop..trying to prevent Orion from jumping at the fence and falling into the hole and breaking her legs. I had also wedged another 2x4 into the gap trying to keep their dogs from sticking their head thru...and using the saw horses as a temp brace. What ended up happening was...Orion used the saw horses as a ladder and their dogs easily pushed the 2x4 out of the way. As soon as I grabbed Orion into my arms, that brought her to their level and one of the dogs poked his head thru the opening and grabbed her leg and tried to yank her thru the gap. I started screaming to let her go. I reached thru the gap to whack the dog..just as he let go. I brought her inside thinking she was fine until I looked down and saw my shirt and jeans were decorated with O blood.
That's when I decided I need to take her to the ER.
I don't know how, but I think my husband broke his toe AND I have scratches and bruising up and down my right arm. While we were at the vet...my husband did this to the fence.

Trying to cover that hole is difficult. We have nothing to secure the board to...and we can't put another fence post down, because we cant get any tools into the 3 foot drop to dig.

So...that's my story.
They have yet to come over and see if she's okay. They were also outside as I was screaming for the dog to let her go. I plan on asking her to pay for the vet bills. I also need to make sure I don't stir the pot. They have signed a year lease with the bank who now owns the property. I might complain to the bank and ask them to do something. I haven't decided.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I would think that the banks homeowners insurance may be made to cover if you made a formal complaint? If so then maybe they would be less happy with their tenants also? Totally just came up with that so not sure how true it is but sounds good. What a pain, trying to think how better to fix that hole. Maybe another 4x4 post to fit tight in and attach it on your side with a 90 degree angled bracket to the fence between your house and theirs and also on the fence along the back? If this makes any sense? Also the neighbors could use the same bracket on their side and it would be pretty secure.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OH I am so sorry you are going through this. Here in Florida, German Shepards are on breed that renters can't have due to home owners insurance. I wonder if the bank even know they have them. Also that they have them and they have attacked.

I hope you get some resolve from this. My heart sunk when I saw your post on Facebook. Give Baby O a huge hue and kiss from me.

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
OMG, I am sorry to hear this!!! I hope she is doing better and that she heals quickly!! :pray::hug:
If this happened to one of my babies I would have gone off on the neighbor, but I am a very vocal person especially if I get pissed off....I sure hope that they help with the vet bills too. Pls keep us updated on everything.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Who's responsibility is it to maintain the fence? Can't you just replace the bad boards or has there been erosion under the original fence? Guess I just don't understand why it can't be fixed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.