Oh the joys of dog food

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Ok so I put violet on the natures recipe Lamb and rice. She started to get a raw on her chin and sore spots down her back so yesterday I decided we are going grain free I had enough Lamb and rice to do a good week switch. I got her grain free salmon sweet potatoes and pumpkin. Then I noticed she was getting some small hives heh I'm going to give it more time in hoping it will clear up.

4c1471f9-1f7a-76f3.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Natures recipe is an okay food, but not a top choice. Perhaps try a better quality food?

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Yes I know. I'm going to wait a little bit. See how she does. So frustrating. The lady suggested blue Buffalo if this doesn't work. I know everyone well just about everyone use Fromm that is just nit in my budget :(

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
when you say blue buffalo are you talking about the blue wilderness? That's the grain free one! I had the boys on it when I ran out of fromm and they devoured both the salmon and the duck flavors.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
when you say blue buffalo are you talking about the blue wilderness? That's the grain free one! I had the boys on it when I ran out of fromm and they devoured both the salmon and the duck flavors.

Kim..... would you look at the ingredients and see if it is also chicken free, please. I would like to have a backup to the Fromm Beef Frittata that HRH eats but it is the only one I have found that is both grain AND chicken free. Thanx much.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth

Yes she said she should do well on it. I just want her comfortable her ears are not pink which is good I'm just going to keep an eye on her
Thanks for letting me know ur pups loved it :)

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Kim..... would you look at the ingredients and see if it is also chicken free, please. I would like to have a backup to the Fromm Beef Frittata that HRH eats but it is the only one I have found that is both grain AND chicken free. Thanx much.

Sadly, both salmon and the duck formulas have chicken meal in there....I dont know why the fish at least cant be from different varieties of fish instead of mixing it with poultry

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yes I know. I'm going to wait a little bit. See how she does. So frustrating. The lady suggested blue Buffalo if this doesn't work. I know everyone well just about everyone use Fromm that is just nit in my budget :(

Matilda is on Blue Wilderness. The Salmon and Duck both. She :heart:'s it!! I have had no problems with it.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION]. I'm hoping to see a Change in her so ill know if it was the rice. The natures recipe does have chicken digest but its not a main ingredient. I am thankful for petsmarts return policy

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)

The salmon has the most chicken in it, chicken meal, chicken fat, and chicken flavor (3rd, 6th, and 9th ingredient list) but the duck only has deboned duck, chicken meal and turkey meal listed. I don't know if HRH will be okay on the duck since it still does have chicken meal in it.

natemoore

Aug 4, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
little bit of honey bear (bitty)
natures variety duck and turk is chicken and grain free. is comparable in price to the blue wilderness. switch as i think bitty is slightly alergic to chicken. I also like the fact that there is no potatoe in the nvi. I think the nvi also comes in other flavors that are chicken free. From what ive read most dogs that have an alergy to chicken will not have the same alergy to turkey.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
natures variety duck and turk is chicken and grain free. is comparable in price to the blue wilderness. switch as i think bitty is slightly alergic to chicken. I also like the fact that there is no potatoe in the nvi. I think the nvi also comes in other flavors that are chicken free. From what ive read most dogs that have an alergy to chicken will not have the same alergy to turkey.

Thanks for the info I'm going to look into that so far today no extra bumps yay

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
@BruceP The Acana Ranchlands that Chula is trying out right now doesnt have any chicken in it as well as being Grain-Free, just FYI

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.