Question about neutered males and females in heat.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok, might be a weird question but if you have a male that is neutered and your female goes in heat, does he freak out??

Gypsy has not been spayed yet due to some health issues and will likely go into heat any time now. I just want to know if Gator is going to act freaked out even though he is neutered.

Anyone?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not sure but my guess will be yes. It's a guy thing!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I say maybe?? I think Matilda is finally going into heat and my daughters dog Spike is acting differently towards her. He even tried to mount her last night. I will have to find a picture of him. He is a pommerat.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Lots of variables I think, Some males may some may not. The old guy I had never paid Pepper the least bit of attention when she went in heat

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

As stated, "it is a guy thing" and applies to dogs as well. Now, just about the dogs, I also think it is different for each dog. Some are VERY attracted to females in heat and other care not. I know from 25 years of breeding Arabian horses, it depends on when they were neutered. Early on and no testosterone in system. After a point in time (similar to puberty), then the T's have already been implanted into the body (brain and muscles).

So, the fact that he is fixed, he might "notice" her and act stupidly. But, he's harmless~blanks.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.