Taser's Weight

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
Taser Just turned 5 months old and he is now 49lbs!....is that big?....How much longer will he continue to grow and gain weight....I'm beginning to wonder what his final size will be?..lol

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
hello rex was huge also when we got him gaining about 10-15 pounds a month .. he was about that size also at 5 motnhs .. then he slowed down he is now 60 pounds at a year

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
my brooklyn is definately going to be petite, she is 6 and a half months and weighs about 33 lbs.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mine are 8 mos old and weigh 47 and 48 pounds.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violet will be 5 months on the 29th I weight her weekly (she gains about a pound a week) last Thursday she was 29.5 pounds she's really tall and u can see her muscle definition ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think Taser is going to be a big boy :) In general dogs will be at their full height by one year old but won't finish filling out until they are 2. Samson was 50 lbs at one year old and 55 lbs at 2 years old, he has maintained that 55 lbs for the past 3 years (Samson is 5.5 yrs old now).

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jameson and titan are both between 65 and 75 pounds. jameson is shorter than titan...titan took a lot longer to grow and fill out than jameson did

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Different bloodlines will have different sizes. Even if they are purebred, the range of weight can be as much as 40 pounds. My comment is that at this age, it does seem heavy. Too much wieght at a young age will make it hard to be active and hard on the joints.
Do you know what the weight was of the parents? These will help to decide on the weight issue.
While the BCA has a standard for weights, the range in reality is wide. I have two females that weigh 48 lbs as adults. I have one 5 yo male from S.Africa who has VERY big bone and body bloodlines. He hit 85 lbs by 2 yo. I have another male from Hungary that at 18 months is at 75 lbs and I think he will hit 85-90. And they are NOT fat.
Every time I go to the vet, I ask the vet to LOOK at the dog first, feel, look before looking at the weight. The number is less important than the condition.

Is your dog active at this weight. Based on the parents, will give an indication of the adult weight.

But I would S L O W down the weight gain for a few months and then proceed.

Good Day~

OP
Casee

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
The father was 50 something pounds but the mother was 80 something.....he is not fat, just a big guy....I feed him the recommended amount of food daily, so I guess its just genetics.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was 43.7 at 5 months and now at 7.5 months he's 50.2. I've been keeping track of his weight weekly since he was 8 weeks. He's really slowed down weight wise in the last few weeks. He has also always had a waistline.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.