chilly dog vest

hopus

May 14, 2011
Tassie
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Has anyone ever tried a chilly dog vest? Its spring herenext month so im just trying to get tank ready for summer, also any ideas how Ican get him to use his shell pool?, he hates it. Not even food works to get himin it.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I throw ice cubes in the pool to get mine in. Once they are in there, they love it. I did look at cooling vests before the summer started here and I just didn't find one that was a decent price that looked like it would work. If you get one, let us know how you like it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I bought a cooling vest..and had to use it when we arrived home on a 100 degree plus day and our a/c was broken! :eek: I was in such a panic and like a dweeb I didn't have it in the fridge and ready to go..so it only cooled for 15 minutes..it helped a lot. It has little beads in it that swell up when soaked in water..then you put in fridge for I think they recommend 30 minutes. Lasts for 5 hours. And does stay relatively cool.I only needed it for about 2 hours..but having that and a fan made Jake comfortable. Now I keep it cool and ready to go! Lesson learned..it was about $25..and same material used by soldiers in middle east.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2385]hopus[/MENTION]

The way to get a bulldog into the pool when he hates it? Get in first and TRY and keep him out. Reverse psychology. It sometimes works.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2385]hopus[/MENTION]..I emailed them last night and they still have vests..said mfg having trouble keeping up with demand..if you email she will give you info..pricing etc...they are made by disabled people..so it's not a huge operation! She said they have a meeting with them next week...hope this helps you!

OP
hopus

hopus

May 14, 2011
Tassie
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
@jackisgreat thanks i will email them now.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2385]hopus[/MENTION], i too have the same cooling vests that [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has. Yes, they work great. I keep mine in the fridge just in case i need to throw them on the boys. It's supposed to get in triple digits here later this week so we may need to wear them soon.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I haven't got the vest ... but I do have the little kiddies paddling pool which they ALL hate!!!! I shall try the icecubes ([MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]) and the reverse psychology ([MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]) and see if they work!!! Right now it's me and my daughter stood in 6" of water trying to convince 7 dogs that it really IS fun!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.