What's your thoughts?

flower21clr

Aug 13, 2011
Clearfield pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Ok I have asked a lot of questions this week. so I'm a stay at home mom so I'm pretty much home all the time with spike and our girls. Tonight is the first time I have not been home since we got spike. My husband let spike outside for about an hour after i left then brought him in gave him a couple treats. then spike disappeared to the dinning room and pooped? Not sure why he hasn't had an accident for a week or more and he had just come inside? Any thoughts?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..maybe he just didn't go when he was outside! You know..a half hour to MY hubby is NOT like a half hour to me! I think I'd give Spike (love..love his name) the benefit of the doubt...I'm not sure of his age..but Jake had a couple totally lazy :poo: in the house well after he was housebroken! Teenage rebellion I think!

OP
flower21clr

flower21clr

Aug 13, 2011
Clearfield pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Spike is 8 months he has only had an accident twice since we got him and they have been in the middle of the night. he had to sleep in his cage the following nights after his first two accidents then we been good for a week he (never potties in his cage).

DiXiE

Aug 5, 2011
Katy, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
DiXiE
I'm having the same issue with DiXiE. I've noticed that when she gets pissed off at my husband she will poop in the house if he leaves her unattended and she could have been outside for awhile just like ur situation with spike. She doesn't do it to me tho. And I stay at home also. So I'm starting to believe in the teenage rebellion thing lol o and DiXiE just turned 9 months.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yeah what [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, its not the length of time that they spend outside, its what they do when they are outside, I like to make sure the did their business, especially at night before bed.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sounds like rebellion alright! What we did was just clamp down on jakes freedom and watch him like a hawk..I did find out..my hubby is NOT a good eagle eye! Jake..at that time would go to the door and give you like 10 seconds..if you didn't respond..no problem! He'd just :poo: in house!!! Once I got Dave to FOCUS..the rebellion was over! I'm sure Spike and Dixie will bounce right back and be the sweet bullies they really are! [MENTION=2952]DiXiE[/MENTION]

Spike and Jake are same age! Well..Jake will be 9 months at the end of august!

Last edited:
OP
flower21clr

flower21clr

Aug 13, 2011
Clearfield pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
I can see that Shane might have miss him at the door. Last night it was spike, Shane ( my husband ) and Jillian our youngest she 10 months old. It was the first time the three of them have been home with out me and our two oldest children Megan 8 and Chloe 6. Most of the time if I'm out Shane doesn't have to worry about spike because him and Chloe are alway in and out all evening playing soccer and frisb. Chloe really keeps him busy:) but she was at grams last night. Thanks for everyones thought I do try to make sure spike poops before bed he get treat when he poops be for bed. I have also learned not to take him put around 11 because that when the neighbors take there dog out for the last time at night and then he is more intreated in watching the other dogs instead of going potty. He is a great pup we went this morning to the meat market ( it a 30 min drive) and he layed on the floor of the passager side with the air on and slept. He enjoyed his jerky teat on the way home. He doesn't like to sit on the seat of the care I was surprise because our previous dog did. The only thing with him liking to ride on the floor I can't seatbelt him in with his harness.Dose anyone ealse seat belt their dogs in?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We put their harness on and have a short strap to fasten to the car. We have SUV's and put the rear seats down and they ride back behind our seats and they love it back there, except Buddy, he does not like riding in the car. As far as the pooping thing, well when you got to go, you got to go. :ROFL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We put their harness on and have a short strap to fasten to the car. We have SUV's and put the rear seats down and they ride back behind our seats and they love it back there, except Buddy, he does not like riding in the car. As far as the pooping thing, well when you got to go, you got to go. :ROFL:
Yup..spoken like a man!! :laugh: Where do you attach the strap to on car? We have a tahoe and an edge..always put seats down and they love to ride back there..I would feel better if I could strap their harnesses onto something in car!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] We use the steal loops for the child safety seats, on my wife's car, and on mine it has some steal hold downs loops on the sides of the car.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You have an Edge!! What do you think of it ... I've had mine for about 2 years now and still TOTALLY in love with it!!
Yes! We just got it in July! We traded in a ford escape hybrid..we are "ford" people..lol..err..except tahoe! We absolutely love..love it! It's so comfortable..has a ton of gadgets we are still figuring out!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online