Hello family!!

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
I hope everyone is doing very well with Summer closing down on us.

and sorry I haven't been active very much lately, been busy with crazy stuffs

Dukey is doing fine... he is hitting almost 8 months mark now
and I'm looking to neuter him soon :eek: haha

he starting pee with his leg up now too hahah (outside when walking of course)

well, I have a question that I want to ask all you about
because I've noticed Duke's sudden decrease in his walking lengths

before, being an energetic bulldog too, i took him over 30 min walk (over 6 blocks easy) almost everyday if not every other day.

However, Just recently, if we just go over a block, he get tired or lazy or I don't know but he just stops and sits down on his belly flat out
and won't move LOL as if he's like "OK NO MORE"

this is where he is JUST starting to pant and opening his mouth to breathe.

so I've been calculating his distance for few days now, and yeah pretty much he's only doing a block now.
although he lies down often right in front of our door lol

So i'm just curious. is this the natural thing for bulldogs?? is my dog getting lazy and tired??

I dont' think it has so much to do with his tiresome or the heat, because where I live it's very breezy and cool ( i live close to the beach)

And I want to ask you fellow bulldoggers this question too

HOW LONG IS YOUR DOGGIE WALK??

TIME FRAME? DISTANCE FRAME?

I don't think he is sick or anything... he plays fine in the house too. ??

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie hasn't ever done that with us. The most we have tried is about 6 blocks. Since that is a change in his behavior. Perhaps have him checked to be sure walking isn't causing pain would be my only suggestion.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I can't help you but am glad to see you posting. New pix would be nice. I hope someone with some experience with this will reply for you. :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
two of my bulldogs are good for that long walk, and the other three, well, it takes us forever to get around the block. they're all built a little different. the three young'ens that are 8 month old, well only one of them kept the puppy energy while the other two did not. we don't do the walks in the hot weather. hope this helps

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! Welcome back! Jake is almost the exact same age as your guy! He loves to walk and is very active. I haven't noticed a decrease in energy level. I agree with [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]..I would ask a vet because it's a relatively sudden change. Is heat a factor? They really can't take any hot temperatures...good luck..but I would make sure all is right physically with him!Duh! Just saw where you addressed the heat question..sorry..I need sleep! :eek:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.