The meaning behind your bulldog's Name

robramirez007

Apr 28, 2011
I've seen so many interesting names on here and i thought maybe we should have a thread about them. What did you name your Bully and why???

IMG_20110813_201940-1.jpg

My bulldog's name is Hank and I named him after my favorite television character "Hank Moody" from Californication..

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Mine is easy. Bullie, because she's a bulldog.

Yeah, boring. :D

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Mine is Rambo.
I didn't get to name him that, he was already named that when we got him at 2 yrs old.
but after hanging around him for a couple hours, we figured out why haha
the name suits him well so we didn't change it.
207194_10150142724011622_578361621_6607551_4326712_n.jpg

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Arwen Undomiel - Tolkien character from Lord of the Rings series.

When I saw her picture that her breeder sent to me I thought she had a noble look to her. Arwen (in the world of Tolkien) means Noble Maiden, so I stole... um... er... appropriated the name for my Noble Bullie! Undomiel is her last name and means Evenstar in elvish.

It just came to me, I thought it was a perfect fit, Ta-Da! ;)

thekidsmama

Jan 12, 2011
Port Charlotte Fl.
Bulldog(s) Names
Belleau Wood
When we got our bully I wanted something that had to do with the Marine Corp. With the fact that she is female we decided on Belleau Wood as her name. We call her Bell

H

heff101

Heffener....well because he used to be a stud.

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie used to be Gracie Girl when she was a working girl. She retired from that life and came here to live the royal life and keep Bruce company in his retirement.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
When we originally planned to get a bulldog, my hubby and I wanted to name him Gladstone because we saw the Sherlock Holmes movie (most recent one) and his bulldog was Gladstone. It sounded very "English" and proper. Well, when we picked up our little guy, after one day we decided that he is NOT a Gladstone, he was more like Will Farrell's character in Old School, Frank the Tank. So Frank the Tank he became. And he loves streaking... :tongue:

RUTROWPUG

Aug 18, 2011
Brooksville Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger
Jagger is named for a dear friend that passed away right before I got him she was the breeder and when ask who her favorite band was her husband said the Rolling Stones so his registered name is Harmony@Simca's Rolling Stone aka Jagger.

Attachments

• Jagger May 29th 2011 006.jpg
    Jagger May 29th 2011 006.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 119

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator..well, my husband is a Gator from UF. Gypsy, hubby picked it...not sure why but it fits.

wormed

Aug 10, 2011
Conan the Barbarian, after the comic/film. Also, a big contributor was the fact that I am a huge Arnold Schwarzenegger fan. He'll be introduced to people by full name so I don't run into replies like, "Oh, you named him after Conan O'Brien?!?!" ... yea, I named him after a red haired late night talk show host! :cursing: But he'll be addressed as just Conan for short. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have two... our boy, Nitschke was a Christmas gift from me to my boyfriend. Nitschke is his all time favorite Green Bay Packer... a very stubborn, hard headed line-backer! Does it get any more fitting than that? Our girl is named Banks... after my boyfriend's all time favorite Chicago Cub-- Ernie Banks is once of the sweetest, most laid back people; could be more NOT fitting! LOL!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bebe, Lucy Lu and Sexy Girl all got their names from the breeder we bought them from and we just kept their names. BeBe is "Phoenix's Bella BeBe", Lucy is "Phoenix's Lucy Lu", and Sexy is "Pheonix's She's so Sexy". Buddy was Lucy's pup from her first litter and he was her only pup, so we called him "Texas Star Bulldogs One of a kind Buddy Boy".

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Tyson Chaos....I suck with names other than skin kids, so the hubby was bound and determined his name to be tyson. It reminded me of chicken (tyson chicken) so I hated it......I got on here with all my wonderful ebn'ers and Cheryl aka Libra926, said Chaos. I loved it so to keep peace it turned out as Tyson Chaos.....and boy what a perfect name! He has a very chaotic personality! and he gained a wonderful godmother :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.