The meaning behind your bulldog's Name

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack is named Mack because he is built tough like a MACK TRUCK! Ruggles is my deceased father-in-law's middle name and it seemed to fit our baby Ruggles.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] I think Ruggles is a VERY cool middle name for a person.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Been on vacation and away from the Internet (ahhhh). What a cool thread!!! I named Lupe because I had a dream about 5 years ago that I had a bulldog named Lupe. It stuck with me for a very long time and after lots of research, my dream came true!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig's name came from my bf's fave british car show called Top Gear. He thought of it because the character wears an all white gear and Stig's all white with brown patches on his ears.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
My husband loves the Back to the Future movies. And in the first one Doc Brown's dog's name was Einstein. He wasn't an English Bulldog but it still fits our Einstein! So he says our next dog's name is going to be Copernicus to keep the Back to the Future theme going.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My husband loves the Back to the Future movies. And in the first one Doc Brown's dog's name was Einstein. He wasn't an English Bulldog but it still fits our Einstein! So he says our next dog's name is going to be Copernicus to keep the Back to the Future theme going.
Lol! Oops I was wrong AGAIN! Figured you know...Albert! On a side note..Back To The Future was filmed in my town...among others..but all the residential scenes were here! Tons of old homes..gets used a lot in movies!

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] wow that's awesome! We live in Indiana...lots of corn and that's about it. That's pretty cool you can say that about your neighborhood. Well you were partially right...Doc Brown named all his dogs after famous scientists. So Albert played a part in the one!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mandy was Mandy when we got her. It suits her really. She was over a year old so we did not change it, it is awfully cute for such a big girl.

Molly was named after Molly Weasley, the mother of all the red heads in Harry Potter. I was reading the final book when we got her. I wanted to name her Hermoine but noone would let me!

Jesse is actually named after our first bulldog we ever had, Baby..... When baby came to us the breeder named her Jesse. We of course were silly and ended up naming her Bambino....aka Baby.

Yuna and Tidus are characters from a game called Final Fantasy X. It is probably one of the best stories I have ever came across....I cried like a baby at the end. Then Final Fantasy X-2 came out and I cried even harder. You spend hundreds of hours unraveling these stories in the game, so you are very emotionally attached to the stories/characters as you spend your days, weeks, months playing.... and I think I cried the most cuz it was over and I could not play anymore!

So as you can see, I got my way usually when it came to naming our pets! LOL

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Brooklyn came from, yes you guessed it, her breeder in Brooklyn, NY. haha not very original but it really fits her. The breeder had named her Cotton, which in my opinion was a terrible name. I had wanted to name her Lola before we met her but my boyfriend HATED it, but she is definitely not a Lola anyways.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
This is a cool thread! I never would have guessed where these came from. I am a fan of Angus Young too :). I want my next to be after Geddy Lee so he will be Geddy. Yup, I am a dorky Rush fan...and I have a soft spot for Bassists (my son is a very good one). Hubby wants our next boy to be Chief (Navy Chief) but I WILL get to name one of our dogs!!!!

Pepper just loves a good bassline and she is the best at guarding my gear.
pepbass.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - omg, I always thought Yuna and Tidus' name sounded familiar. My younger bro's so into the final fantasies and would spend hours on end playing. Now I'm gonna google the storyline cuz you got me really curious. :D

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Po from the teletubies is good too. heheeh I just dont watch the teletubies because I dont have any kids. I watched "Kung Fu Panda" taking my niece to the movies. I dont know about babysitting.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk is named after the movie "The Goonies". He came to us at 2 years old with this name; we loved it, it suited him and we figured he's too old to change it. His previous Mom and I are very similar! :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - omg, I always thought Yuna and Tidus' name sounded familiar. My younger bro's so into the final fantasies and would spend hours on end playing. Now I'm gonna google the storyline cuz you got me really curious. :D

You can probably 'watch' the whole game via YouTube. As a matter of fact, I am sure you can. The movies scenes are pretty fantastic.

Members online

No members online now.