The meaning behind your bulldog's Name

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Well when I got Miss Roxi (at 13 weeks) the breeder had named her prissy... Needless to say she is not prissy!So, the day after I got her we were in the floor playing and I was saying random names as they werecoming to me. I looked at the flip flops that I was wearing (my favorite ones by the way!) and they are the brand Roxy. I said the name out loud and she came running! It just seemed to fit her personality so I stuck with it. I just changed the spelling- instead of y, her's ends in i! :)

Last edited:

Bulliemom25

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Kramer :)
'Kramer' in homage to the show Seinfeld. My husband and I can always count on that show to make us laugh hysterically, no matter how many times we see it. Just like our baby boy!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian because I picked that name for a stuffed bulldog I got when I was very little after I fell in love with a real bulldog! But since it sounds so dignified I wanted to put something in front of it and came up with Lord, so his registered name is Arbella's (breeder) Lord Sebastian. Oliver, well this is going to sound totally high school girlish, but for the character Oliver Queen on the Smallville Series. My husband watches those shows religiously (we have all seasons on dvd's) and the guy who plays Oliver Queen is smokin' hot!!!!:luv:. Anyway, I didn't want the Queen part in his name since he is a boy, so in keeping with the royalty name I went with Arbella's Sir Oliver.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well we didnt name Cutty since we got him at 9 months and his name kinda grew on us fast. Cutty Sarks Neat. Breeder named his whole litter after diff scotches. haha Love it. She has had litters named after vodkas etc. Very cool and we like our alcohol so why not keep it? :p

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas because my husband and I eloped in Vegas (in 3 weeks it will be 2 years ago) and when my husband ask me what I wanted for a wedding present, I said a bulldog!!! We adopted him at 4.5 months old and his name was Deisal, I knew he was young enough to change it and we did. His AKC papers have him named as Sir Elton John, lol, he does not look like an Elton!!

HuddysBuddy

Mar 14, 2011
Columbia, Pa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
It is great to hear the story behind everyone's name. Hudson's official name is Hudson Bullitt Goldengrund. I wanted him to be named something car related and masculine, so Hudson is from the long gone car brand (and he looks like a Hudson, low, wide, and heavy) and Bullitt because of the Steve McQueen movie and character by the same name (best car chase scene ever!). Goldengrund was his from his Dad's name, Ponza Genius Goldengrund. I didn't like Ponza and Genius definitely didn't fit, so Hudson Bullitt Goldengrund it is.

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Her name is Po. She got her name from the movie "Kung Fu Panda". The panda's name is Po and she was like a little teddy bear when I brought her home.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
What can I say...."I Love Lucy" :) She's funny, sassy, cheeky and always in some kind of trouble. Seriously though she just looks like a Lucy. When her breeder asked me her name Lucy was the first thing in my head. Now Lambchop that was chosen by my son even before we chose Lucy luckily the 2 sit well. Lucy Lambchop :)
We :love: both of these LUCYS'!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh! [MENTION=2490]VuBulldogs[/MENTION], I was thinking it was Po from a famous kiddy programme here in the UK called the telly tubbies. Po was every bodies fave because he was sweet and loving.
pic-meet-char-po.jpg
:laugh: Aww..I know him! I forgot about him!! My granddaughter loved..loved..the teletubbies..my grandson..not yet!

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Pepper was a gift from my best friend. He named her Pepper due to the spots on her ears and head,looks like someone sprinkled pepper on her. I named her the Belle of Birming'am in his honor. He is from Birmingham, UK and shared many stories of growing up there

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
cool thread idea! Buster got his name from the Giants rookie of the year last year..Buster Posey! :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
This is a cool thread! I never would have guessed where these came from. I am a fan of Angus Young too :). I want my next to be after Geddy Lee so he will be Geddy. Yup, I am a dorky Rush fan...and I have a soft spot for Bassists (my son is a very good one). Hubby wants our next boy to be Chief (Navy Chief) but I WILL get to name one of our dogs!!!!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violet Elizabeth was going to be dotty because of her dot on her head but my husband didnt like it. So my mom reminded me about violet which was a name we almost named our skin baby. The Elizabeth is her moms middle name ;) we call her violent violet
(sounds like a garbage pale kid lol)
PS the breeder called her sugar lol and the solid white lil girl dot lol
4c1471f9-4234-7e97.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions