Violets growing up...

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Ok so violet will be 5 months on the 29th. She has started this craziness at about 6pm yes I know about the bully crazies but she gets super mean to my mom nothing works to stop her but putting her in time out in her kennel where she just sleeps. Anyone have any ideas how I can stop this?

On to happier note she scratched at the back screen to let me know she had to go potty YAY I'm so excited I normally just keep a close eye on her or put her out when I feel it's time. I'm a proud mommy.
4c1471f9-e90e-64b8.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I can't help you with the bully crazies. I just wanted to say yay Violet!!! And wow!!! She is getting big!! :luv:

thekidsmama

Jan 12, 2011
Port Charlotte Fl.
Bulldog(s) Names
Belleau Wood
yay Violet for telling your mom you had to go potty. I find it comical because my bully does the same thing to my mom but it is in the evening when she tries to go to her room. I have no clue why cause my mom has never done anything to her (not saying your mom has either) and cant figure it out. Belleau also has to go to her cage and we will vocalize her unhappiness for about 5 mins then go to sleep. If you figure it out let me know.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Yay, Violet! Penny also had the potty training breakthrough the last few weeks & I am so glad!

What things have you tried with your mom? I remember you mentioning it before, but I can't remember what you tried?

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
She stopped attacking my mom for along time then it started up again. We have tried verbal loud no we have tried walking away and ignoring and a news paper to the nose she literally looks at my mom and dives for her. Violet is so strong she can't pin her in her side violet just gets out of it. She acts like she has no respect for my mom. We think it has to do more with my moms Chihuahua and how she treats daizy. I'm at a lose and its causing fights between my mom and I

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Does your mom live with you or just visit frequently?

I would try putting her on a leash when you know your mom is coming. If she lunges or goes toward your mom, give her a tug & a no. If she is sitting nicely, playing with a toy, or otherwise generally leaving your mom alone, I would praise & treat. Catch her in these "zen" moments whenever you can, and be consistent over the tug on the leash.

It would at least put you in control of the situation with some consequences other than taking a snooze in the crate, haha. Hopefully if you can control her in a manner other than pinning or crating, then it will take a little of the tension out of the situation with your mom.

We used the leash technique in obedience class for jumping, but I think it could work in this situation.

Good luck & keep us posed!! I'm sure it's frustrating!!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2594]MissPennyLue[/MENTION] thanks. My mom lives with me lol her dog is so mean to poor violet lol. Gillette is like 10 of my moms dog tho. Ill try the leash technique great advice cuz no one likes to have to give her a swat :(

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Aw good luck. But, how could you stay mad at the adorable face!?! lol

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Have your mom carry around an air horn. When ever Violet tries something with your mom have her use the horn. Works great!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2594]MissPennyLue[/MENTION] sometimes very easily she waits till I have my nursing pillow strapped on and feeding the baby. She knows I. Can't get up fast so then the fun for her begins. [MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION] great idea but I do have a 6 month old so that I think would freak Ger out lol but I do like that idea. We only have to deal with this till Oct 1st my hubby and I are taking the kids and dog and moving to north Carolina ;D

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I put her harness on she acted like she couldn't move lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Have you tried getting a spray bottle of water so that your mum can spray her. Or an empty can full of coins. I think both of those things have worked well for other people on here.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I have she thinks its a toy lol. She was an angel all day with her harness on lol I think it hits a pressure point that makes her sweet all day lol as soon as I took it off she went back to being mean

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@kazzy220 I have she thinks its a toy lol. She was an angel all day with her harness on lol I think it hits a pressure point that makes her sweet all day lol as soon as I took it off she went back to being mean

That's too funny about the harness!!! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has Orion who is also a PITA, and she finds that when Orion is dressed in clothes that it has the same effect as you found with the harness!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.