Long Car Rides

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
don't worry, a car ride will not traumatize the new baby. He will be thinking of his litter mates or who is holding him.

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
I got a cheap solution for ya. Our car ride was 4.5 hours. I picked up a 3 dollar laundry basket at Target and put a couple towels in it, worked out great! Whenever my daughter wanted a break from the pup on her lap she set her in the basket with a little rope toy, Chula had absolutely no issues coming home like that, and loved the rope toy! We also brought a bowl for water which she drank from a few times. Best of luck to ya!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I got a cheap solution for ya. Our car ride was 4.5 hours. I picked up a 3 dollar laundry basket at Target and put a couple towels in it, worked out great! Whenever my daughter wanted a break from the pup on her lap she set her in the basket with a little rope toy, Chula had absolutely no issues coming home like that, and loved the rope toy! We also brought a bowl for water which she drank from a few times. Best of luck to ya!!
Yup! This is how Jake came home! Except it was like a 3 minute car ride..but I was by myself and didn't want him loose! I imagine quite a few pups come home in laundry baskets! :yes:

OP
Bulliemom25

Bulliemom25

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Kramer :)
I don't know why I didn't think of a laundry basket! That is a great idea. He is still little enough where he can't escape :-D I have to get some of those wee-wee pads, hopefully if we only feed him once and let him drink once an hour or so, he won't have to empty his bladder every five seconds. Now if his mama could just control herself from squeezing him too tightly, we might survive the ride!

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
So late to the thread, but as soon as I saw this I thought: laundry basket on your lap! Clearly others have had good luck with this. We brought our Boston Terrier home 4hrs this way, and she played, looked around and then slept. Our EB Lupe had a laundry basket, but I could not resist holding her in my arms all the way home. She slept and slept. Congrats!!! Gotta love that puppy smell!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So late to the thread, but as soon as I saw this I thought: laundry basket on your lap! Clearly others have had good luck with this. We brought our Boston Terrier home 4hrs this way, and she played, looked around and then slept. Our EB Lupe had a laundry basket, but I could not resist holding her in my arms all the way home. She slept and slept. Congrats!!! Gotta love that puppy smell!!!
Plus laundry baskets work well for the first couple vet visits!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.