Trick to make your bully poop

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
As most of you are aware, I had an issue with butler's tummy after switching to Fromm Beef Frittata. after the tummy troubles i put him on hamburger and rice until i could get pork and applesauce from fromm. while on bland diet, he did not poop for 2 days!!!! i was terrified. i was so worried about my angel. I went to buy pumpkin, but due to the flooding in the midwest this year, the grocery stores i went to didn't have any! so i searched on the internet and I found a trick that show people use on their dogs.

Now it sounds ridiculous, but it works! You take a match (unlit of course!) and stick it in their butt. I just put it in 1/3 of the way, gave it a twist and pulled it out. Butler did piggy runs in the house and then we went outside and he pooped within 2 minutes of inserting the match. I don't know how or why this worked, but it brought both of us some relief. :poo:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
That is an odd remedy!! But hey, what ever works right?? Yay Butler!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Interesting, I'll have to remember that if ever needed. Can you fing a trick to get them to stop eating :poo:? I have a turd burglar at home. :ROFL:

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
LOLOLOLOLOLOL :ROFL: Thats awesome. Our Bug, boston/pug, Mahoney does that too. He's so foul, he eat's his own :poo: right after he drops it. It's so sick. Any tips? Since he eats his own dook, I don't think sprinkling something on it is gonna make it less enticing for him since I can't think of anything more disgusting than eating poop....

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
lol, i'll have to look in to the poop eating remedies. [MENTION=2939]DinoRoyale[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] did you try searching for "poop eating" or "eating poop" in the search bar for the threads? there may already be a thread with some suggestions. until then, NO KISSES after "snack time" :rofl:

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], pictures would have been funny, especially because when i picked up his first :poo: in two days, it was kind of wet and i accidentally dropped some on my thigh as i was walking/bagging it at the same time. YUCK!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@sheila I have tried everything under the sun ( :hmm: maybe I should pick up the sun) to get him to stop eating pooh. :detective2: He only eats our old dog's dooty and he's been hunting them down like a sniffing hound dog since he was 8 weeks old. Nice huh?! We pick up multiple multiple times a day but just can't be out there every second (we have a doggie door so the old dog slips out unnoticed ocassionally - trying to escape the youngins I'm sure. Nothing worked and he even took a liking to Franks Hot Sauce. :ROFL: We just try to stay as diligent as we can. We thought it was food related but all three boys were finally transitioned to the same food so we're thinking it the meds my old dog is on that atracks him to his pooh. Or, he just like a tasty backyard snack and doesn't understand why we think it's so nasty. All I do is chase two puppies and a grotchity old dog around the house and pick up :poo: - that's what my life has come to be..... :confused: Oh yeah, I'm a professional bully dog mouth cleaner too :barf:

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
The Dog Whisperer did a show on this......They are missing something from their diet. He fed the dog bananas everyday, and it worked.They didn't eat their pooh anymore, of coarse you still need to let them know not to do it, just to break the habit of it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], since we always have bananas and the boys love them, I'll focus in that that. It's worth a try.

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
I would think anything would work and not just a match. I think it's the fact that you're putting pressure on the dogs anal glands. They are on either side @ about 5 and 7 oclock. I know a match is small, but I think it's just a matter of putting a foreign object there that stimulates the dog's bowels. Almost like you're jumpstarting them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.