Getting rid of dog smell

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=2728]Donna LeBlanc[/MENTION]...Where can I get that Lavender solution? That sounds like a great idea.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas was HORRID smelling and not only my furniture but my whole house smelled when you walked in the front door, I got rid of the "dog smell" when I found the right food for him. That is actually how I found this site, I was googleing to find what to do for a stinky dog!! That was over a year ago, now he is on the right food and gets a bath every other week and although there might be a slight dog smell on the loveseat (he is ONLY allowed on the loveseat NO other furniture) I Fabreeze it. My house smells clean and I wash his bedding every Sunday.

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
well my dogs arnt supposed to be on furniture, they try and sneak in though, but our main problem was the carpet, due to accidents happening, so what we did was after cleaning the house, doing a good vaccuum, I put dryer sheets in the vents! omg it smells so good! especially if you have the air going, it just fills the room, i dont smell animals anymore! and we have a reptile room that gets very earthy smelly lol and i cant stand it sometimes, and the sheets are blocking that odor pretty good too. as long as your vents arnt in the floor, do dryer sheets :D youll be amazed

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
[MENTION=2095]Danielle Cope[/MENTION] that is an amazing idea!!

I did buy Arm & Hammer plus OxiClean Pet Fresh carpet odor eliminator today & used it on the couch. Our whole apartment smells better and fresh. I need to use it on the carpets still, but my couch feels so much better!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
as long as your vents arnt in the floor, do dryer sheets :D youll be amazed

I'm being serious when I ask this....but I've lived in the same boring state all my life and the houses tend to follow the same type of codes and building specs. The vents are usually in the floor.......where are yours? And what harm could come from shoving a dryer sheet into the floor vent?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm being serious when I ask this....but I've lived in the same boring state all my life and the houses tend to follow the same type of codes and building specs. The vents are usually in the floor.......where are yours? And what harm could come from shoving a dryer sheet into the floor vent?
My vents are floor vents..now while I've not put dryer sheets in them..I can't see why not either! .?? I kinda go with " my house smells perfect..if someone thinks it doesn't..stay home! " no one has ever said it smells..so I'm good!!

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance

A lot of houses have vents in the floor. The houses most of my relatives are in have vents located in the floor. I'm in a new condo, however, and they've put the vents high on the wall. I suppose that works well for air conditioning since heat rises but I am not sure about its effectiveness in the winter. :p I think as long as you don't stuff the dryer sheet down into the vent that connects to the furness, you should be fine. If it stays up near the gate part, the only major issue is that it may slow the amount of air getting through.

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
well im sure you can try it if you have floor vents, you might just have to do some taping or something haha i mean give it a shot, it will never hurt to try, just have to work it haha, my vents are on the wall. lol

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That dryer sheet is a great idea! Unfortunately, my vents are on the ceiling... 12 feet up. :( Maybe I can just tape some of them to the air filter in the AC unit...

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
That dryer sheet is a great idea! Unfortunately, my vents are on the ceiling... 12 feet up. :( Maybe I can just tape some of them to the air filter in the AC unit...

That's what I was thinking. They sell air fresheners for AC filters, but they don't last long for the price. I'm going to try the dryer sheets. I like my house to smell like country, cinnamon/apple. I'm going to be sniffing dryer sheets now lol!!

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
We have leather furniture and Einstein has "his" blankets on each piece. Luckily he doesn't like to lay on just the couch, he has to be laying on his blankie! And I wash his blankets once a week. And they do smell like him at the end of the week but I think it's his drool which is weird. But our problem s the carpet bc he drools a lot when he chews on his toys but luckily we got a carpet cleaner as a wedding gift so we've been using that a lot. My husband and I both said hardwood floors for the next house!

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Go to Bath and Body Works and buy their candles... Your house will smell DIVINE!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Danielle Cope that is an amazing idea!!

I did buy Arm & Hammer plus OxiClean Pet Fresh carpet odor eliminator today & used it on the couch. Our whole apartment smells better and fresh. I need to use it on the carpets still, but my couch feels so much better!

yep that's what we use at my house too. works for about two days, but I think we have a couple more dogs

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
yeah i think mine are about 12 feet up too, damn 2 story house haha
so I made the fiance break out the ladder :D

Most Reactions