Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting rid of dog smell

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Getting rid of dog smell

That dryer sheet is a great idea! Unfortunately, my vents are on the ceiling... 12 feet up. Maybe I can just tape some of them to the air filter in the AC unit...

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    That dryer sheet is a great idea! Unfortunately, my vents are on the ceiling... 12 feet up. Maybe I can just tape some of them to the air filter in the AC unit...
    That's what I was thinking. They sell air fresheners for AC filters, but they don't last long for the price. I'm going to try the dryer sheets. I like my house to smell like country, cinnamon/apple. I'm going to be sniffing dryer sheets now lol!!

Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)

We have leather furniture and Einstein has "his" blankets on each piece. Luckily he doesn't like to lay on just the couch, he has to be laying on his blankie! And I wash his blankets once a week. And they do smell like him at the end of the week but I think it's his drool which is weird. But our problem s the carpet bc he drools a lot when he chews on his toys but luckily we got a carpet cleaner as a wedding gift so we've been using that a lot. My husband and I both said hardwood floors for the next house!

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Go to Bath and Body Works and buy their candles... Your house will smell DIVINE!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissPennyLue View Post
    @Danielle Cope that is an amazing idea!!

I did buy Arm & Hammer plus OxiClean Pet Fresh carpet odor eliminator today & used it on the couch. Our whole apartment smells better and fresh. I need to use it on the carpets still, but my couch feels so much better!

yep that's what we use at my house too. works for about two days, but I think we have a couple more dogs
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    yeah i think mine are about 12 feet up too, damn 2 story house haha
    so I made the fiance break out the ladder

Bulldog(s) Names
    Heo
    Likes (Received)

My Heo would build up a super stench with only 5-10mins of running outside. I'm still waiting to see if the Fromm food will help reduce it but he's on his second large bag now and I don't think it's going to happen.

I have the bulldog, pitbull and a poodle and they aren't allowed on the furniture which is all leather.

Question for those that have fabric furniture and also allow their bullies to sleep on the bed, how do y'all deal with all the hair?

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    My Heo would build up a super stench with only 5-10mins of running outside. I'm still waiting to see if the Fromm food will help reduce it but he's on his second large bag now and I don't think it's going to happen.

I have the bulldog, pitbull and a poodle and they aren't allowed on the furniture which is all leather.

Question for those that have fabric furniture and also allow their bullies to sleep on the bed, how do y'all deal with all the hair?
    Bullie wears a shirt which controls the amount of shed landing all over the place. And, she's only allowed on the couch if she is on her doggie blanket.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads